21 Jan Collagen Rich Mushroom Risotto
This creamy, gluten-free, collagen-rich mushroom risotto has been created in collaboration with The Harvest Table.
- 1 Cup Arborio/ Risotto Rice
- 4 Tbsp Harvest Table Bone Broth
- 125g White Buttom Mushrooms
- 125g Brown Mushrooms
- 1/2 Large Onion
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 10 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 10 Sprigs Fresh Origanum
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Boiled Water
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- Black Pepper & Salt to taste
- 100ml Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Mascorpone
- Place half of the measured fresh produce into a food processor
and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Chop the other half finely, except for the mushrooms – they
should be sliced.
- Pour the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the diced onion to the pan, fry for a few minutes until just
- Add the celery, carrots, red pepper and garlic to the onion and
fry for 5minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and fry slightly.
- Add the blended paste and chopped mushrooms to the pan and
fry on medium-low heat until the mushrooms are cooked
- Add the wine to the pan and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Mix the Bone Broth Powder with the boiled water and whisk
well until incorporated.
- Pour half a cup of the Bone Broth to the pan and stir
continuously until all the liquid is absorbed. Do this until all
the Bone Broth is used.
- While continuously stirring, season the risotto with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the rice once it is cooked through.
- Garnish with a dollop of mascarpone, crushed black pepper and
extra Parmesan shavings.