13 Jun Beauty Spotlight on Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is a pressed seed oil derived from the seeds of a wild rose bush; it is used either as a carrier oil for a healing and beautifying massage, or as a powerful natural ingredient in beauty lotions and potions. This plant oil is simply packed with vitamins and essential fatty acids, which make it a great agent for healing, rejuvenating and beautifying your skin from head to toe.
Let’s take a little more on an in-depth look at rosehip oil, and find out just what makes it such a beneficial part of your everyday natural beauty regime.
Rosehip for Healing
Rosehip oil has an exceptional essential fatty acid content (about 70-80%). These give the oil its remarkable regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus it’s rich in vitamin E, which is a potent protective and replenishing agent for the skin.
These are the key healing benefits of rosehip oil:
- Repairs damaged skin cells
- Reduces the appearance of scarring and stretch marks
- Lightens pigmentation marks
- Protects against free radical damage
- Strengthens broken or damaged capillaries
- Reduces redness and inflammation; soothes the symptoms of rosacea
- Moisturises dry patches of skin
- Soothes the itching of eczema; heals and prevents flaky skin
- Heals and hydrates the dry, flaky patches of skin caused by psoriasis
The healing benefits of psoriasis and eczema means rosehip oil can even reduce dependency on synthetic medications such as cortisone.
Used as a carrier oil, pure natural rosehip oil also helps to treat common baby skin problems, like cradle cap and nappy rash.
Rosehip for Beauty
In addition to healing vitamin E and fatty acids, rosehip is also rich in vitamin A, which is highly beneficial for sun-damaged skin. Plus it’s a non-acidic source of vitamin C, which works to boost collagen production keeping your skin plump, firm and smooth.
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Sinks quickly into your skin
- A rich moisturiser for dry, damaged skin and hair
- Stimulates collagen production for firmer, plumper skin
- Promotes better skin elasticity and improves skin texture
- Comabts and repairs sun damage
- The protective properties of rosehip prevent the premature signs of ageing caused by free radical damage
Buy Rosehip Oil Beauty Goodies Online
“I have had wounds from minor surgery and used rosehip oil as soon as the wounds had closed. It seems that the oil has not only sped up the healing process but also significantly reduced the scarring. Im very happy with it!” – Saskia
“I have very dry, mature skin which is deeply lined. Ive been combining the Rosehip Healing Oil with Jojoba oil under my moisturiser and though the lines are still there (nothing but surgery will take those away) my skin feels and looks velvety and cared for.” – Marina