24 Feb A Taste of the Tropics: Banana Sugar Body Scrub
We’ve already reached that time of year when we know it won’t be long before we have to bid farewell to summer! But while the sun’s still shining, here’s a natural beauty recipe made with real banana and coconut, to give you beautifully smooth and “beachy” skin. This banana body scrub is easy to make and also a great skincare treat for the colder months, bringing a hint of summer sunshine into your beauty routine.
Bananas are full of vitamins and antioxidants, which are great for your skin – plus they have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe redness, irritation and blemishes. Combine that with ultra-nourishing coconut oil and exfoliating sugar, and you’ve got a recipe for clear, beautiful skin from head to toe!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1tbsp softened coconut oil
- 4tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼tsp essential oil (sweet orange, mandarin or lime will make a lovely addition to the tropical mix!)
- Mash the ingredients together to make a chunky paste.
- Gently massage into your skin and savour the tasty tropical scent! Rinse the scrub off with warm water.
- For your delicate facial skin, we recommend using some mashed banana on its own.