We’ve already reached that time of year when we know it won’t be long before we have to bid farewell to summer! But while the sun’s still shining, here’s a natural beauty recipe made with real banana and coconut, to give you beautifully smooth and “beachy” skin. This banana body scrub is easy to make and also a great skincare treat for the colder months, bringing a hint of summer sunshine into your beauty routine.
Bananas are full of vitamins and antioxidants, which are great for your skin – plus they have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe redness, irritation and blemishes. Combine that with ultra-nourishing coconut oil and exfoliating sugar, and you’ve got a recipe for clear, beautiful skin from head to toe!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1tbsp softened coconut oil
- 4tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼tsp essential oil (sweet orange, mandarin or lime will make a lovely addition to the tropical mix!)
- Mash the ingredients together to make a chunky paste.
- Gently massage into your skin and savour the tasty tropical scent! Rinse the scrub off with warm water.
- For your delicate facial skin, we recommend using some mashed banana on its own.