The indigenous aloe plant really is one of Africa’s green gems; this spiky succulent is just loaded with more than 200 vitamins, minerals and enzymes, making it a head-to-toe healing gift from nature. Whether you use it as a skin care treatment or enjoy it in your favourite refreshing drinks, aloe is truly amazing. The most commonly used aloe species are aloe vera and aloe ferox; you’ll find plenty of healing goodies at our online store made with both these ingredients.
Here’s a look at just what makes aloe so incredible:
- Contains over 200 active components (vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, enzymes)
- High in iron, potassium, manganese, zinc & selenium
- One of the few plants that contains vitamin B12
- Approx. 90% water; extremely hydrating
- Antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory
- Promotes collagen & elastin production; repairs & rejuvenates skin
Aloe on the Outside
There’s a reason aloe is the key ingredient in so many moisturisers and after-sun lotions. It’s an ultra-soothing and cooling plant that helps to repair dry and damaged skin cells. This means it provides amazing hydration and nourishment for sunburned skin. Applied topically, aloe vera and aloe ferox treatments help to treat:
- Sunburn & minor burns
- Scars, stretch marks & wrinkles
- Dryness, eczema & psoriasis
- Bruising & blisters
- Acne breakouts & blemishes
- Athlete’s foot
- Insect bites & rashes
Our Top Aloe Skin Treatments & Beauty Products
Konjacu Aloe Vera Facial Sponge
Made with magical konjac root and infused with the healing power of real aloe, this all-natural plant fibre sponge cleanses and rejuvenates the skin, banishing wrinkles, redness and irritation.
Natraloe Face Mask for Oily Skin
Made with kaolin clay, green silt and aloe ferox gel, this facial mask will clean away excess oil, leaving your complexion toned and refreshed.
Cape Aloe & Propolis Day Cream
A silky-smooth organic facial day cream to nourish your skin with aloe vera, honey and propolis.
Natraloe Regenerating Aloe Gel
A remarkable healing gel to soothe sunburn, eczema and irritation. Natraloe’s regenerating gel has even helped to heal the effects of radiation treatment!
Aloe on the Inside
As a beverage, real aloe juice has a wealth of healing properties for your body as well:
- Boosts the immune system
- Alkalises the body
- Soothes indigestion & heartburn
- Acts as a natural laxative
- Detoxifies the body & promotes weight loss
- Helps to expel certain worms & parasites
- Soothes intestinal inflammation & irritation
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Nourishes the skin from the inside out
Our Top Aloe Drinks & Treats
Totally Wild Cape Aloe & Baobab Juice
A refreshing, distinctly African juice blend to quench your thirst. Made with real aloe ferox and baobab juice, it’s a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
Totally Wild Aloe 24/7 Aloe Ferox Drink
Makes an excellent digestive tonic and post-workout hydrating refreshment. Aloe 24/7 has a pleasant tart taste, and mixes well with fruit juices or smoothies.
Totally Wild Aloe, Tomato & Chilli Relish
Low in sugar but high in nutrients, this is a unique and tangy aloe relish your family will love.
Totally Wild Aloe, Apricot & Almond Jam
This low-sugar jam is sweet, delicious and crunchy, full of the goodness of wild aloe ferox.