The nut milk bag we sell is fantastic value for money and locally made in Durban. I use it daily for making almond milk and for juicing. Since the latter is a lesser known benefit of this nifty little bag, I thought I would show you how.
The Recipe, serves 2
- A handful of organic spinach
- Half a grapefruit
- An organic lemon
- An organic orange
- A handful of organic pitted dates – or to your preference for sweetness
- A tbs of organic wheatgrass powder
- A tbs of organic barley grass powder
- (I also sometimes add a few organic spirulina tablets for an extra boost)
(I have chosen this particular mix because as a breastfeeding practically vegan mom, I need the iron and the added vitamin C helps with iron absorption.
Also the high vit C content of the drink is great for boosting our immune systems at this time of year.
The barley grass in particular is a great alkaliner, fabulous for overall optimal health; for anti-aging and again for breastfeeding. )
- Blend all of the ingredients
- Put the nutmilk bag over a jug or container
- Pour the juice in
- Slowly squeeze the juice out of the bag, so that only the pulp remains in the bag
- Serve and enjoy
And for laughs I had to show you that nothing goes to waste in our house as our furry friend, Zara, just loves the pulp.