- Colour: Dark Brown
- Contains only pure herbal ingredients, all grown without pesticides or chemical fertilisers.
- Contains no chemical ingredients.
- Henna and indigo are the two plants that give colour.
- Contains herbal extracts such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth, preventing premature greying and removing dandruff.
- Can be used with Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical dyes.
- Permanent dye.
- Gives 100% colour coverage on non-grey hair.
- Eco-friendly and 100% vegan.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty.
- Comes with a FREE 10ml organic coconut oil to moisturise your hair.
- Includes latex-free application gloves.
Because Love My Hair 100% Herbal contains no harsh chemicals, results on grey hair cannot be guaranteed. Grey coverage depends on hair condition, texture, previous treatments and the percentage of grey in the hair. Grey hair that is fine in texture seems to take herbal dyes very well and usually achieves good coverage in one application. Hair that is thicker in texture may need several applications.
The best colours for covering grey are Light Auburn, Flame Red and Wine Red (if you want a reddish shade) and Dark Brown (if you want a brownish shade).
If your roots are less than 50% grey, then the 100% Herbal dye should work well for you. If they are more than 50% grey, you may need several applications of Herbal dye. Another option (if you are not allergic to hair dye chemicals) is to mix the 100% Herbal shades with the Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical colours. For example, if you have completely grey roots and you want black hair, you can make a dye mixture of half 100% Herbal Soft black and half Ultra Black. This will give you the grey coverage you need with extremely low exposure to chemicals! You can also experiment with reducing the Ultra component of your mixture until you find a ratio that works best for you.
Bear in mind that if you have used chemical dyes in the past, your hair and scalp may take a little while to adapt to the gentle nature of herbal dyes. Please be patient, your body and hair will thank you.
- The ingredients in Love My Hair are carefully formulated. It is not necessary to mix the various shades (unless you are covering grey), but if you want to experiment, have fun!
- If products (shampoo, conditioner, wax, gel) containing silicone derivatives (eg Dimethicone) have been used on your hair, this will prevent the herbal dyes from “taking” on your hair. If silicones have been used you may need to use a clarifying shampoo before using Love My Hair dyes. Or you can switch to a silicone-free shampoo like Johnsons baby shampoo for a few washes prior to the dye application.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a coconut oil treatment will restore moisture to your hair.
- Herbal dyes need to oxidise after application. It can sometimes take up to 24-48 hours for your hair to attain its final colour. Please bear this in mind when planning your dye application.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- 100g is enough for one application on collar to shoulder length hair, depending on hair thickness.
- Your colour will lose intensity gradually after a few weeks, but will keep the grey coverage. Every time you use the dye the colour will get richer and more intense.
- Wait 2-4 weeks after other hair treatments before using Love My Hair.
- If your hair has been permed, bleached or straightened it is essential to do a strand test first as these treatments effect the hair structure extensively.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (very important) and then shampoo and condition.
Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Harad (Terminalia chebula), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shikakai (Acacia concinna)
9 out of 10 people would recommend this product09/03/2017, By JVI am pleasantly surprised by this product - the first time ever I dye my own hair and it is a huge success.
Ek is baie bly ek het hierdie produk ontdek. Kan nie glo kruie kan so effektief wees om hare te kleur nie! Eer aan ons Vader wat die bestanddele van hierdie wonderlike produk gemaak het en dankie aan die vervaardigers vir hulle inisiatief en kundigheid.22/11/2016, By AdeleAfter much procrastination I finally took the plunge, and though it was rather tedious and time consuming, I am very happy with the results. I had to leave the color for the full four hours to cover my greys, but after wrapping up my hair in plastic wrap and a towel I set about my morning... The color has the most beautiful reddish undertone, which really warms up my completion and my hair is strong and healthy, and my scalp is unaffected. The best part is that the grey water could be reused in the garden. Really worth the effort and Ill be able to color my short pixie cut at least four times with a single box, which suits my pocket.11/08/2016, By TraceyMy feelings about this product are mixed. For those who are accustomed to using conventional hair dyes and/or have little time, this product will probably be very frustrating. The dye is much thicker than a chemical dye, and as such much harder to work with. It is also very time-consuming; I left it on my hair for 2.5 hours and my greys were still not covered. (I didn do the strand test though, which the instructions are VERY specific about, so my own fault!) That said, if you aren too concerned about covering grey, and can set aside an afternoon to colour your hair, you won be disappointed with the end result. My hair is very shiny and healthy, and although some of the greys weren covered, the overall colour is rich and beautiful. Some tips: 1) Make sure you do the strand test, and choose a grey area to do it, or you
e setting yourself up for disappointment; 2) The mixture needs to be like custard, but not homemade custard, ultramel!; 3) Next time I will tie all my hair up and take a small section out at a time, apply the colour, take another small section out, apply, and so on. That will make it far easier to work with and more manageable. So, all in all, follow the instructions properly, pour yourself a glass of wine, get out a good book and make an afternoon of it!11/05/2016, By annetteI love this product, it leaves my hair strong and beautiful14/10/2015, By CATH24 hours is given as a guideline for the oxidizing time of the dye. The product package insert says 24-48 hours, this website says 24 hours. 24 hours is a good average time for this process to occur. I don feel that the information on this website is misleading.
When the dye is correctly diluted and applied thickly enough to the hair, 100 grams is only enough for one application on collar to shoulder length hair. This can vary slightly depending on hair thickness. It is not possible for 100 grams to cover bra-strap length hair when correctly mixed and applied. Either Monique has extremely thin hair or she did not mix and apply the dye mixture correctly.
It is essential to do a strand test before dying your hair. This is clearly stated in the package instructions. From correspondence with Monique I know that she didn do a strand test. Doing a strand test will allow you to work out how long to leave the dye on your hair. If for example you do a strand test for 1 hour and it isn dark enough, it should be left on for two hours. Herbal dyes work differently to chemical dyes and more intense colours are obtained with longer applications.07/10/2015, By MoniqueFirstly, the website description says it can sometimes take up to 24 hours for your hair to attain its final colour however, when you receive the product, the instructions say up to 48 hours. Secondly, the website description says use 100g of powder for one application to shoulder-length hair so I diligently bought 2 boxes for my bra-strap-length hair, but it was far too much - one box wouldve been sufficient - money and product wasted. And, lastly, dyeing my hair from brown (natural colour) to dark brown, I left it on for 90 minutes (comfortably between the 1 - 2 hour recommended time) and it came out only slightly darker - definitely not what I would call dark brown. Very disappointed about my waste of time and money.26/08/2015, By TracyDespite the awful smell of this product while applying the dye (my husband actually left the house as the smell annoyed him), it does come out with a rich colour that covered all my hair. It does not burn or sting skin or eyes, and leaves my hair smooth and silky.22/05/2015, By C LHaving unsuccessfully tried two other colours in this range without success, I was advised to try the Dark Brown to colour in my (not extensive) grey roots. I have medium brown hair. unfortunately the Dark Brown did not work either, and I now have bright orange and grey roots - very attractive! in spite of this, my hair is in excellent condition - silky, glossy, smooth and shiny - so this Henna product is of very good quality, has good quality ingredients and is healthy for the hair. I would recommend it provided the user accepts that there is no guarantee that grey roots will be coloured in.09/03/2015, By RobynI think the title describes exactly how I feel about this product. My hair was falling out in handfuls as well as being extremely dry and damaged from home dye as well as salon dyes. I decided to that I wanted to try using something more natural and began my journey with coffee rinses, henna blocks from lush none of which worked very effectively. After spending time on the internet googling henna, I came across this website and bought the above product. It has worked beautifully and I couldnt be happier using something natural with no harmful chemicals. I am a very happy customer.01/03/2015, By NadineGreat coverage.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.