- Cold-pressed from the “meat” of fresh coconut fruit
- Mild, pleasant coconut flavour & smell
- Source of medium-chain fatty acids (MCAs) including lauric acid
- No trans-fats, additives or preservatives
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place
- Shelf life: 24 months
Coconut oil the highest smoke point of any natural oil (approx. 180°C) and is highly resistant to heat and light. This means that unlike other cooking oils, it won’t break down and lose its beneficial nutrients at high temperatures.
Please Note: Coconut oil is solid at room temperature but becomes liquid in warmer weather.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Disease prevention: Lauric acid is antibacterial and antiviral, and helps to defend the body against infections. Coconut oil is the richest plant-based source of lauric acid.
- Immunity: The lipids in coconut oil are antimicrobial, and support a healthy immune system.
- Heart health: Saturated fatty acids like lauric acid are “good” fats; they work to regulate blood pressure and maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Weight loss: Contains fewer calories than any other oil; MCAs boost your metabolism and burn fat. Coconut oil also supports healthy thyroid function.
- Digestion: Coconut oil is easier to digest than hydrogenated cooking oils.
- Nutrient absorption: Improves your system’s ability to absorb other vitamins and minerals.
Did You Know? Apart from coconut oil, the only other known sources of lauric acid are laurel oil, palm kernel oil and human breast milk!
Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil:
Because of its unique fatty acid profile, coconut oil is a must-have organic beauty product as well.
- Skin: Makes a richly moisturising hand and body lotion.
- Hair: Great as a hydrating hair mask or leave-in conditioner.
- Nails: Keeps nails strong and cuticles hydrated and soft.
- Ageing: A very effective wrinkle cream, reducing fine lines around the eyes.
Coconut oil can even replace your usual makeup remover or shaving cream!
- Substitute for hydrogenated cooking oils when frying or baking.
- Spread on toast or bread as a substitute for butter or margarine.
- Mix into smoothies and salad dressings.
- Simply enjoy it straight from the spoon!
- Please Note: Recommended daily intake should not exceed 3tbsp a day.
100% organic virgin coconut oil
18 out of 18 people would recommend this product17/10/2017, By LoreenI love everything about this product. The smell, the taste, the texture. I've recommended this product to quite a few friends and family and they all love it too.02/10/2017, By JThe smell of coconut is very strong, which can be both a good or a bad thing!04/09/2017, By ThandekaIts great for baking, cooking and its great for my skin too21/08/2017, By AngeeLove the smell of this, really smooth texture, put in on and in everything!28/06/2017, By SonjaMy go-to coconut oil I use in baking.12/06/2017, By ChristineOne of the best coconut oils in the market.29/05/2017, By DesA really great organic coconut oil. I use this for cooking and for homemade body products. My dogs love it too & it makes their coats nice and soft.25/05/2017, By JennaIt's only when you have organic, pure coconut oil that you realise how dead store-bought options are. Use for beauty, cooking and oil pulling!05/08/2016, By IkhoGreat product, will be buying it again :)10/05/2016, By MaliekaI really love this product. I use it everyday. In my cooking, food etc. Even as a deodorant! Definitely value for money.20/04/2016, By SheenaAs a family, we have been using coconut oil for awhile, usually obtained from our local store which sells all sorts...so was particularly pleased to find it on FTN.
It is pure, and because it comes from FTN I believe the claims on its extraction process so am comforted that it is of the highest quality. Another point that confirms this is that you need only a small quantity as the quality is great.08/03/2016, By AnelI use this coconut oil (alternating with the Soil Stretch mark oil) for my pregnant belly. At 7 months my bellys skin looks so healthy, and no sign of stretch marks! It absorbs really well all over the skin, and love the subtle coconut scent. Lovely on dry hair ends too. The consistency is very thin, and feels like it really gets into the skin and hair.
For food, it is delicious in baked and no bake brownies, for frying bananas, cooling sweet potatoes, or any food that works with a mild coconut flavour. Ideal for cooking because of its health benefits even when used at higher temperatures.24/02/2016, By SarahMy mom and I use it and it is an amazing moisturizer and smells great21/11/2015, By HeidiYummy! We use this coconut for all our baking and cooking. I use it to oil pull with and to rub on my little boys body.29/10/2015, By BintaThis is a delicious and healthy alternative to other oils and I use it as much in the kitchen in cooking, baking and raw smoothies, as I do in the bathroom as part of my beauty routine. Love the smell and texture/taste.22/09/2015, By TamThe best coconut oil Ive used so far, smells great, delicious taste.04/08/2015, By TanushaGreat for hair, in DIY body butters,lotions, lip balms AND you can eat it!05/06/2015, By Anne-mariI love this coconut oil, it smells delicious and has so many purposes. I used it on my feet and hands and on the ends of my tresses. Great great great!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.