- Neutral flavour
- A very easy starch to digest
- Highly versatile
- Ideal thickener for stews, soups, sauces & gravies
Please Note: Arrowroot powder is not a suitable thickener for dairy milk-based sauces.
- Use 1Tbsp arrowroot powder to thicken 1 cup of liquid
- Mix with a little cold water before adding to a hot liquid
- Use a 1-to-1 ratio when replacing corn starch with arrowroot
- Mix together 1Tbsp arrowroot, 1 Tbsp olive oil & ¼ cup water to make an egg replacement
Recipe for Three-Ingredient Paleo Pancakes:
- ½ cup Good Life Organic Arrowroot Powder
- 4 free range eggs
- 4tsp coconut oil, melted
- Approx. 1 cup filtered water, coconut milk or almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk or blend all ingredients into a smooth, watery batter.
- Use a little coconut oil to grease a skillet or frying pan; warm over low-medium heat.
- Pour about 3Tbsp batter into the pan, tilting so that it spreads to the edges of the pan.
- Cook for about 30 seconds on the first side, until slightly golden & dry. Flip & for about 30 seconds on the second side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until you have a batch of pancakes. Serve with your favourite toppings & enjoy.
Organic arrowroot powder
23 out of 23 people would recommend this product28/02/2019, By NicoletteGot this to add to my homemade body cream to make it less greasy. And it’s great for other uses too. Good product14/02/2019, By BayipWe need bigger quantities like 1kg or 500 grams07/01/2019, By TaniaI use this all the time for thickening sauces and it's great.14/12/2018, By RobsPreferable to cornflour and doesn't make the bread heavy31/10/2018, By AnonymousUse this in my keto bread. It's amazing. Won't say it's carbless. Gluten sugar free09/09/2018, By BronwynWorks wonders for thickening sauces etc07/09/2018, By KhatijAmazing product for babies especially as a first food06/08/2018, By MarissaMade deodorant with this product with great results!04/07/2018, By AWorks great in DIY deodorant03/07/2018, By CelesteEven better "than sliced bread" is finding this product.
I've used it for loads of cosmetics (more than anything else) and I'm just a huge fan.
Its soft, easy to work with and it's going to be a regular in my stock for my skincare business.26/06/2018, By GetruidaVery economical as i use it to made my homemade deodorant19/06/2018, By GetruidaGreat for a DIY deodorant.06/05/2018, By CassandraGreat for natural deo16/03/2018, By KarinGood product for thickening sauces etc12/03/2018, By JahMakes a great substitute for talc though a bit pricey.01/12/2017, By SheenaMuch better for delicate sauces that flour or maizena overpower. Works in place of cream although your sauce won't have the creamy taste, they will have the creamy texture. We prefer using cream and lots of it however we have friends who are weight conscious and it is great to let them know that they're safe to eat our food.30/10/2017, By SarahI it’s good, but too smallI wish the package is a little bigger.05/08/2017, By LorUsed this for my natural deodorant. Its nice and smooth and amazing for my underarms!22/06/2017, By LarissaGood substitute for Maizena. Doesn't have that "floury" taste that cornflour sometimes has.04/11/2016, By NissaGreat for natural deodorant. Prefer it to bicarb on the skin.30/09/2015, By MichelleThis works wonderfully in place of cornflour. Thickens stews and curries with no discernible taste. Have used it constantly since I bought it.29/09/2015, By raeesaNot many people know that in some cultures arrowroot is used to make porridge, especially when weaning breastfed babies. To do this, express breast milk and add arrowroot powder when its cold. Stir constantly over low heat until it thickens to a custard texture and serve when its a at an appropriate temperature. I use about 1tsp per 20ml milk. My baby loves it because it tastes exactly like his milk.03/09/2015, By ThavashniBought this particularly for use in soups and stews. It works very well, it thickens to exactly the correct consistency and does not distort the taste and flavour of the stew.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.