- Collect chopped food scraps in this convenient container
- Partners perfectly with the Bokashi Recycling Bin
- Convenient size: suitable for indoors
- Durable & strong can hold up to 2.5 kg of food scraps
- Made in South Africa
- Collect food waste* while you’re preparing or cleaning up food (best to chop it up).
- Once your Collection Container is full, add the scraps to your Bokashi Recycling Bin (the fermentation process takes place in the Recycling Bin, not the Collection Container).
- Once the scraps are in the Recycling Bin sprinkle a handful of Earth Bokashi over the scraps and make sure the lid of your bin is tightly sealed.
- Microbes in the Earth Bokashi start a fermentation process.
- *This includes raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat!
How does it work?
- Earth Bokashi is full of beneficial microorganisms that help to ferment food scraps; the process is anaerobic (it takes place without air), breaking down your kitchen waste into nutrient-rich soil food without letting it rot or releasing a bad odour. When your scraps have been fermented, you can then add the end product to your flower pots, compost heap or worm bin where it will then be exposed to air and small animals (worms & insects) and become compost. This is such a simple way to make your household more sustainable, and use your kitchen waste in an eco-friendly way.
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 14.5 cm
- Capacity: 2.5L
- Free Bokashi Bran: 700 g
- Made from 65% recycled plastic that is recyclable.
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South Africa.
23 out of 24 people would recommend this product10/02/2021, By RosaWhat I like about this container is that you can easily fill it in one day, and then you transfer to the bigger bucket, so before the smell starts, you move on to the next step. Clean and easy, no nasty odours.26/01/2021, By Nicky5/525/01/2021, By SharonA great place to store kitchen waste for a day or two before throwing it in my larger Bokashi Bin25/11/2020, By NICOLEWhen the contained runs out you can use it to collect your waste before dumping it in the bin. Otherwise better to buy the bran in a bag.26/10/2020, By NicolaLove it25/10/2020, By MienConvenient10/08/2020, By PippaHighly recommended, I keep this in the kitchen and empty it into my larger Bokashi bucket!20/07/2020, By SabihaExcellent customer service and quick delivery.07/06/2020, By MarisaI'd recommend it over and over again24/04/2020, By AnmareBokashi is the best. Super ???? product.28/02/2020, By Pixie~KReally like this convenient size to put kitchen food waste in, before transferring to the 25L recycling Bokashi bins.17/01/2020, By SupportTop stuff26/12/2019, By PennyVery handy container to collect small amounts of scraps at the sink before washing dishes, pots and pans! Airtight too. Can empty out into large bin in the morning!09/10/2019, By JuliaGreat starter kit to get to know comppating18/08/2019, By AndreaThis is quite small and lid must open and close . It’s just a regular bucket . I thought it had a lever to open and close more convenient in kitchen like a dustbin . I didn’t look at the pic close up . So basically you can just buy a very cheap bucket from plastic warehouse instead . But I think buying a bin is more user friendly . You do get the Bokashi mix with it though.25/07/2019, By WilnaA little bit bigger will work better in big househoulds.11/07/2019, By BecsI love that I can compost in my apartment21/06/2019, By TaylaThis collector, which sits on my kitchen counter, takes up very little space. It also doesn't leave any odours lingering, even after opening the collector several times in one cooking session.13/05/2019, By ShezVery useful and good quality
31/01/2019, By SusanI'm excited to join the Bokashi family and look forward to a much happier, healthier garden! I know you can collect scraps in any container, but I like the matchy-matchy vibe and the extra bran inside. I wish they had a mid-sized black bucket to store the bag of bran that was part of the set, but found one for R50 at Game.06/11/2018, By DhanasagreeGood product for daily kitchen use. Then dump waste into bigger bucket at the end of the day. Minimizes opening and closing of bigger compost bucket.30/11/2017, By SamEssential in the kitchen06/10/2017, By TraceyFirst time trying composting.
Happy so far18/06/2017, By AyandaWhen you get the hang of this, you must upgrade to the big bucket... so worth it
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.