What? A combination of 6 medicinal mushroom species, carefully handpicked for their immune-enhancing properties. The prize in the mix is Cordyceps sinensis, known to us as the energy generator.
Why? Medicinal mushrooms are nothing new. They’ve been used for centuries in Eastern medicine to strengthen the immune system and achieve all-round internal balance. Science is finally beginning to work out why. Well done, guys.
HOW WILL MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS HELP YOU?
Medicinal mushroom supplements have been shown to enhance immune function and help a range of conditions, including:
- Immune-system dysfunctions
- Respiratory problems
- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases
- Liver and kidney conditions
WHAT ARE THE MUSHROOMS IN THE MIX?
- Cordyceps sinensis (Catepillar Mushrooms)– 16,4%
- Agaricus blazei (Almond Mushrooms) -16,4%
- Coriolus versicolor (Turkey tail) -16,4%
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) – 16,4%
- Grifola frondosa (Maitake) – 16,4%
- Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) – 16,4%
MAKING MOLEHILLS OF MOUNTAINS. Tibetan sherpas take Cordyceps when climbing Mount Everest. Really. This is because the mushroom helps the body to produce energy and utilise oxygen more efficiently. Imagine what it does for athletes and the elderly.
THE MAIN MUSHROOM: CORDYCEPS SINENSIS
What? You can find this mushroom growing at high altitudes in the mountains of China, Tibet and Nepal – or making up 50% of The Real Thing Medicinal Mushrooms. Whichever is easier.
What else? It was first recorded in 2800 BC in the Pen Tsao, an ancient Chinese directory of medicinal plants. And it’s been used to boost energy, immunity and stamina until today. It’s a supplement of choice for many world-class athletes.
AN INTERESTING STORY: At the 1993 World Outdoor Track and Field Championships, a team of Chinese runners outran the competition...and nine international records. Their secret? According to the coach it was a potent Cordyceps sinensis tonic. We have a winner.
WHAT’S IN CORDYCEPS SINENSIS?
- Vitamins B1, B2, B12, E, and K
- Various minerals, including magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium and calcium
- Protein and essential amino acids
- A range of sugars and polysaccharides
HOW DOES CORDYCEPS HELP YOU?
- MORE IMMUNITY. Immune function goes up and infection goes down. Cordyceps helps fight fatigue and immune-compromised states. Plus it increases the activity of superoxide dismutase, or SOD (a powerful enzyme and antioxidant).
- MORE ENERGY. 2001 study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine showed that Cordyceps ups the concentration of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in cells. Actually, it increases ATP production by an amazing 29%. And because ATP is basically an energy transporter, more ATP means more energy for cells to use. Bonus.
- MORE ATHLETICISM. It’s been shown to help boost VO2 max and improve oxygen utilisation – sporty speak for saying it gives you more stamina, increased energy levels and improved endurance.
THE OTHER MUSHROOMS IN THE MIX At 50% of the total mix, Cordyceps is clearly the star of the show. But there is a strong backup act – five medicinal fungi at 10% each.
- Agaricus blazei 10% – Contains more of the immune-stimulating polysaccharide, beta-glucan, than any other mushroom.
- Coriolus versicolor 10%– Probably the most well-researched mushroom around – over 400 studies support its immuno-modulating action. Has anti-microbial and anti-viral properties. Used to help treat respiratory, urinary and gastrointestinal infections, as well as hepatitis B and other liver diseases. Contains polysaccharide K (PSK), or Krestin, a potent compound responsible for its infection fighting talents.
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa) – An “adaptogen” that helps balance various body system. Rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium and magnesium. Used to help treat fatigue, hypertension and liver disease. Found to help regulate glucose, insulin, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Reishi (Ganoderma species) – It’s an antioxidant and an analgesic. Can assist in the treatment of infections like bronchitis and hepatitis. Can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) – Strong anti-viral action. One of very few natural vegan sources of vitamin B12.
WHAT MAKES MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS THE REAL THING?
What we put in Only the purest and most potent powdered medicinal mushrooms.
What we don’t put in it No gluten, binders, fillers, brown rice, maltodextrin, colorants, flavourants, preservatives or additives of any kind.
How the mushrooms are grown and made.Our mushrooms are 100% organic and full-spectrum, meaning the entire mushroom is used – both the fruit body (the part above ground) and the mycelium (an underground mass of filaments). Most mushroom supplements only include the cheaper and less nutritious mycelium. The Real Thing Medicinal Mushrooms is a more complete food.
HOW DO YOU TAKE IT?
- Take 2 capsules daily. Best taken with a starchy meal. Avoid taking with fruit, which speeds up gut transit time and reduces absorption.
- Store in a cool, dry place, below 25°C, out of direct sunlight. Don't use after the expiry date on the container. It's a good idea to return any unused or expired capsules to your pharmacist for proper disposal.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Per 2 capsule serving:
- Cordyceps sinensis (Catepillar Mushrooms)– 133.4mg
- Agaricus blazei (Almond Mushrooms) - 133.4mg
- Coriolus versicolor (Turkey tail) - 133.4mg
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) – 133.4mg
- Grifola frondosa (Maitake) – 133.4mg
- Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) – 133.4mg
29 out of 30 people would recommend this product09/08/2021, By MarikeI bought this out of curiosity due to the rating of the product.
I have been buying this product ever since. I seem to have more energy and endurance since using it and can't go without it.23/04/2021, By AnnThis improved my hormonal balance and immunity. Will order again.12/04/2021, By Lindaexcellent for healing body06/04/2021, By JoanieGave me some needed energy03/02/2021, By KathrynThis was a birthday present from my friend. She recommends it so I’ll give it a try08/01/2021, By StefanI love this, got it as a gift for a friend and she loves it too :)13/11/2020, By RileyKinda mushy13/11/2020, By JackWeird taste03/11/2020, By ClaireSo far so good - only 10 days into taking.
I actually brought not only for myself BUT my elderly CAT too after doing a lot of research - she gets 1/4 of a capsule in with her food. She has kidney disease, Pancreatitus & suspected Lymphoma
I do feel I have more energy & she seems a more active too.
Time will tell.25/10/2020, By MienLove it17/10/2020, By FreedaJust wondering is this product good for damaged kidney....kidneys losing proteins...need to heal the kidney back to normal....any advice is welcome or any other product advice is appreciated12/08/2020, By AlyxThis is the second mushroom supplement I have tried and I believe it is helping more than I sometimes realise. I suffer from cold sores on occasion due to stress, and have found since I started taking this supplement the recovery time has shortened significantly (from 2 weeks to 4-5 days)- which I attribute to it's anti-viral properties. My general health has also felt improved, and since I've made no other lifestyle changes I can only assume its this supplement that has made the difference.03/07/2020, By SonitaI seem to have more stamina / endurance. Also my hair is thick and strong after 2 months. I feel healthy overall. Will continue to use. Am curious to see long term effect28/04/2020, By HappyFascinating13/04/2020, By JanineThis is a great all-round mushroom medicine for those who want the best of the fungi, but not sure where to begin. It is mostly Cordyceps which is one of my favourites and all the other mushrooms in this product compliment the Cordyceps so nicely. Have been using this for immune boosting as well as general health08/04/2020, By PeterTook two tablets as recommended. Hopeful that the medication, will reverse the effects of my thyroid as I am using a thyroid support solution. I am confident of a positive outcome, to help alleviate with flu and cold symptoms.15/08/2019, By GJBrilliant product.. I really can't go without it. It improves my energy levels and boost my immune system.12/06/2019, By ADGreenhillNoticeable difference at the work place - great product07/06/2019, By KirouxI was a bit skeptical when buying this but I do think that it has made a difference. It has especially helped me feel less sleepy during the day and I have realised that I wake up feeling less groggy than I usually do.22/03/2019, By HelenThis is a brilliant product. I am 99% less anxious than I was - and I had very bad anxiety. Even when I get anxious, it barely lasts as long as before - a few minutes at best. Gives me the space to pray without panic.11/03/2019, By KeeksAmazing product. Excellent service and delivery!!31/10/2018, By AnonymousReally works. Gives me energy through the day.28/10/2018, By StarrWant to order19/10/2018, By MoonieJust purchased this , I am quite skeptical about it , but I will never know if I do not try! :p24/05/2017, By CarinWe are on our second bottle of Mushrooms. My Hubby and I both love them. We can both feel it when we haven't had our daily dose. I have a Vit B12 and Iron deficiency and these definitely help with the palpitations, short of breath episodes and lack of energy and fatigue. Will definitely continue using them.14/09/2016, By JezelleAll of a sudden running up and down the stairs carrying 5 grocery bags at a time just because i can. Used to become out of breath doing 30 squats because i hardly exercised throughout my entire life. The inflammation thing i can testify to. Been a heavy smoker for 12 years. Cut down now and I also dont eat meat which I know causes inflammation due to the antibiotics the animals are subjected to. Yesterday I did my usual (usual being for the past two weeks since i started on these) 100 squats and felt a milder version of the usual heart pounding and struggling to breathe effect and realised that I had forgotten to take the daily dose. Just started ny mom on these as she has all sorts of cancers and will update with her progress. She has trouble retaining nutrients so Im busy figuring out how to remedy that as well. Pritein, carbs and fats dont digest so sugar (not fruit which contain too much fibre) is the best method currently to get things into her bloodstream. Ps. I hAte sugar and am aware of the effects thereof so this is just for now..01/09/2015, By AngeliqueFirst impressions: It hurt my stomach and made me feel a little ill and tired when I first took it. Now I only take one pill in the morning with my green tea (before breakfast), or one before bed. It does up my energy levels a bit and helps me recover from sinus-related illnesses faster. It should be notes that this is not a miracle product and consuming high doses of raw mushrooms can be bad for you. Generally, mushrooms should be cooked, because they have very tough cell walls and are indigestible according to many sources. However, since these are dried and powdered, I suppose they
e an exception, but be cautious anyway. :)
Strangely, I drink one of these when Ive eaten a naughty meal (too much oil or starch) - might only be placebo effect, though!
I prefer spirulina and the Green Power products.26/08/2014, By JonathanI have Fibromyalgia and this helps so much with boosting my energy levels - not to mention all the health benefits of these mushrooms.12/02/2014, By GillianMy father was suffering with low energy levels, some liver problems and getting over a cold that was similar to bird flu. I gave him a bottle of this magic and he came to me the next month asking me for more, and he is not a easy man to give medicine to
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.