- Sustainably harvested in New Zealand
- Contains unique phytocompound methyl glyoxal
- Never treated at temperatures above 45°C
- Antibacterial & antiseptic
- Antifungal & antiviral
- Helps to soothe sore throats
- Relieves allergies & sinusitis
- Soothes heartburn, indigestion & acid reflux
- Promotes skin healing
- Soothes skin irritation & heals blemishes
- Suitable for vegetarians with honey
What does the UMF rating mean?
UMF rating indicates how much of a unique phytocompound called Methyl Glyoxal (MGO) is present in the honey. MGO has exceptionally potent antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- UMF 15+ = MGO 514 mg/kg
- UMF 12+ = MGO 354 mg/kg
- UMF 10+ = MGO 263 mg/kg
- UMF 5+ = MGO 83 mg/kg
*For your information: This honey has been irradiated in accordance with the legal requirements of South Africa’s importation laws. These laws are necessary as non-irradiated honey endangers our local bee population as it could import diseases such as American Foulbrood. There have been concerns that this may damage the powerful antibacterial properties of UMF honey, as well as it’s probiotic content. While it is uncertain how much of an effect it has on UMF honey’s healing properties as a whole and may damage the probiotic content, official research by the University of Waikato, New Zealand demonstrated UMF honey retained its full antibacterial activity even when the radiation was doubled from the usual dosage.
Did you know? Tahi honey is eco-friendly, carbon neutral and biodiversity positive, with 100% of profits going directly towards conservation, community and culture. By planting thousands of trees and restoring nearly 30 hectares of wetlands, Tahi fully offsets their carbon footprint (including their delicious pots of honey).
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Nett Weight: 400 g
- 100% Pure, Raw, Unpasteurised and Limitedly Filtered Honey (UMF 12+).
- Allergic reaction especially in people who are allergic to bees, risk of a rise in blood sugar and possible interaction with certain chemotherapy drugs.
Country of Origin:
- Product of New Zealand.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.