- A very easy to use introduction to Japanese cuisine
- Super versatile medicinal food
- Fermented and aged for two years in the time-honoured tradition
- Being unpasteurized means that the miso still contains live, beneficial gut microbes
- Much less salty and more savoury than soy sauce
- Delightful umami flavour distinctive of Japanese cuisine
- Part of a balanced macrobiotic diet
- ECOCERT certified organic
- 100% natural
- Vegan friendly
- Mix into salad dressing, add complexity to marinade, spice up stir fry, use as an alternative to salt, and of course make miso soup
About Mugi Miso:
- Crafted according to traditional methods of natural brewing.
- No external or artificial sources of heat are applied during the fermentation and aging periods.
- Just like all living organisms, miso requires a particular length of time for aging and maturing.
- Fermented and aged for a minimum of 1 year in Ceadar (Oke) barrels.
- Beneficial lactobacilli, enzymes and other vital microorganism thrive in the wooden OKE barrels, all of which add healthful properties and unique flavors to the miso.
- Store in a cool place
Did you know? “Mugi” is the Japanese word for “barley”.
- 300 g
- Barley, Soybean Paste, A. Oryzae
Country of Origin:
- Made in Japan
5 out of 5 people would recommend this product18/04/2021, By PhyllisThis is the how real miso should taste. The Mugi is the nicest tasting of them all.
26/03/2021, By Rolling hillsGreat full miso flavor.29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product19/08/2020, By gillianWow fermented for 2 years!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.