- A very easy to use introduction to Japanese cuisine
- The most commonly used variety of miso
- Makes the best golden miso soup
- Super versatile medicinal food
- Being unpasteurized means that the miso still contains live, beneficial gut microbes
- Fermented and aged for two years in the time-honoured tradition
- Much less salty, and more savoury than soy sauce
- Delightful umami flavour distinctive of Japanese cuisine
- Part of a balanced macrobiotic diet
- ECOCERT certified organic
- 100% natural
- Vegan friendly
- Mix into salad dressing, add complexity to marinade, spice up stir fry, use as an alternative to salt, and of course make miso soup
About Genmai Miso:
- Crafted according to traditional methods of natural brewing.
- No external or artificial sources of heat are applied during the fermentation and aging periods.
- Just like all living organisms, miso requires a particular length of time for aging and maturing.
- Fermented and aged for a minimum of 1 year in Ceadar (Oke) barrels.
- Beneficial lactobacilli, enzymes and other vital microorganism thrive in the wooden OKE barrels, all of which add healthful properties and unique flavors to the miso.
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Refrigerate after opening
Did you know? “Genmai” is the Japanese word for “brown rice”.
- 300 g
- Rice, Soybean Paste, A. Oryzae
Country of Origin:
- Made in Japan
13 out of 13 people would recommend this product20/03/2021, By EijaDelicious authentic miso14/02/2021, By AngelaI use it for soups, stews, to cook rice in....great quality/price relation. And I like that it comes in a glass jar.03/02/2021, By EijaThis is a really great miso paste. So happy to have found one in South Africa!29/01/2021, By Xanele5/524/01/2021, By ElsabeWe used it to make a miso base for ramen - so tasty!29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product19/08/2020, By gillianAwesome to add to soup25/09/2019, By CarmenThis is a great addition to broths as it adds a deep flavour. Really flavoursome and great buy.19/08/2019, By SkilpadDelicious taste ... I add it to mayonnaise, salads, you name it. Always finding new ways to enjoy it.03/08/2019, By LesleyLove the Umami taste! Great service from Faithful to Nature. Thank you!17/05/2019, By AnonymousGreat flavour and gut-healthy!17/05/2019, By AnonymousGreat flavour and gut-healthy!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.