Maca is a wonderful superfood and will benefit you in the following:
- High in vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E.
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- It has about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-14% bioavailable protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell. Which basically means more enzymes in your diet equal a longer and healthier life.
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Dried maca powder contains 60% carbohydrates, 9% fiber, and slightly more than 10% protein. It has a higher lipid (fat) content than other root crops (2.2%).
- But most importantly - it is an adaptogen so it "adapts" to your body's metabolism, working with your body for optimum results. It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress. This is an excellent supplement during pregnancy.
- Maca tastes malted, like Horlicks so try adding it to smoothies or as a great addition to desserts and sweet treats.
- For a delicious rich and malty smoothie, add 1- 2 Tablespons of Maca powder. It can also be added to Raw Chocolates.
Organic maca root powder.
18 out of 20 people would recommend this product13/10/2017, By MichelleI love adding this to my smoothies and oats! It has a yummy honeycomb taste (which initially took some getting used to - but I have grown to love it!). I started taking this after coming off the pill to help my body find it's natural hormone balance - and so far I have not experienced any of the pre birth control symptoms (horrible acne, moods, etc). Would recommend to any ladies looking to help their bodies and to promote hormone health which is so important!!!08/10/2017, By Tracey JoyI love the taste of maca. Little goes a long way.25/09/2017, By Don't have one ... my names short enough!I love that Maca tastes like horlicks....makes smoothies a whole lot more tasty and interesting!13/08/2017, By JessIve been taking maca every morning in my smoothies now for 3 or 4 months, I think it has helped with energy and also mood -
I do find it a bit expensive, and I go through 2-3 bags a month but I will keep using it.20/07/2017, By SarahI use this to help combat my hormone imbalances with the added benefit of a boost of energy - delicious added to smoothies or oats! My only complaint would be that it's a bit more expensive than other brands... but I got mine on special :)14/07/2017, By StaceyI've just recently started using Maca Root Powder. After only 2 weeks I have found I definitely can see a few changes taking place. Slowly but surely my energy levels throughout the day are increasing, as well as the hormones slowly starting to balance. I am pretty sure that within a few more weeks I'll see alot more changes and have a happier healthier body.
I mix it in with my morning yoghurt and love the added flavour!
Very happy with this product, it's price, and the speed of service received from Faithful-to-Nature! :)03/07/2017, By Dr NThis is a fabulous product, I used it through out my pregnancy, and have just purchased some more now for my mom.07/02/2017, By NiciThis exact same product you can purchase for R60 less at Naturalwise and for an order of any size it is R60 transport. Why inflate the prices on your products so extremely?26/08/2016, By EstelleI use it in a smoothie together with wheat grass, spirulina, coco powder and I recently found out it is also good for menopause.Also very professional and speedy service.16/02/2016, By KarenBeen using this for years.
Nice to be able to buy on-line.11/02/2016, By KimI happened to have blood glucose tests the morning I added this product to my breakfast... my results were significantly higher than normal. I went straight home and checked the nutritional info on the back of the packet to discover it is more or less 1/4 sugar which is mortifying, for someone like me who avoids fructose is aware of its devastating effects. This is completely my fault... I should have checked this before purchasing. Such a waste of $$30/01/2016, By MaristiIt is a wonderful addition to smoothies and hot chocolate.15/11/2015, By CatherineI have only recently started using Maca root powder; and I know it has numerous benefits (an increased in energy is already felt!); but as an avid Horlicks fan, this tastes NOTHING like it at all! It does taste malty, but I found it was almost savoury; almost cheesy! Im really not at all sold on the flavour, so I mask it by adding it to other stronger flavoured foods... Just my few cents on the topic!28/08/2015, By LuciaExcellent product in a smoothie, packed with goodness and vuma! Love it.26/08/2015, By TracyMy husband and I both use this Maca powder as part of our daily diet. It is an excellent energy food when added into smoothies and keeps us going throughout the day. I also add it into dehydrated muesli, and it is delicious when added into cooked oats. We found that Maca also boosts the immune system, keeps us healthy and balances hormones. This definitely is THE BEST Superfood on the market!01/08/2015, By Baboloki NeoI have been adding Maca powder in my tea and smoothies and its working really well for me so far. I am still getting used to the malty taste, but anyway, great stuff. I am taking it to balance my hormones and improving fertility.15/12/2014, By hestieThe pack I had was extremely bitter, adding it with Boab Powder makes it palatable, other wise no ways I could drink it14/07/2014, By CandiceMy fiancé and I have been striving to go organic in every aspect of our lives, realising of course that this was the way forward to better health. My fiancé was diagnosed with ADHD very early in his life and as unknown Doctors do these days prescribed that horrible rittalin (spelling) to him. Needless to say it did more harm than good. after extensive research on Maca we decided together to try it and I placed my order with Faithful to Nature and received my order within two days (amazing service may I add) we have both been on Maca now for going on three weeks and oh my goodness I love it, It took some getting used to for me as the taste was foreign but not unpleasant. My fiancé has calmed down and the results speak for themselves as he is able to concentrate and our over all energy levels are amazing. I would definitely recommend this to anyone (and have been) who is willing to listen, my next order will include the Coconut oil with my Maca. I am in love and it is healthy!!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.