This is a great way to add some flair to your favourite raw foods and vegan dishes, plus a clever, fun and tasty way to convince kids to eat their greens!
You can create a variety of different shapes and styles using your Spyra-Gyra slicer.
- Fluted vegetables: Beautiful fluted shapes for decorative veggies, raw or cooked.
- Shredding & slicing: Makes finely sliced salads and coleslaw in seconds.
- Veggie spaghetti: Turn hard vegetables like raw zucchini into funky spiral spaghetti your kids will love.
The Spyra-Gyra slices a huge variety of hard fruits and veggies into delicate, attractive spirals: baby marrow, carrot, daikon radish, potato or sweet potato, peeled and cored apples, beetroot, cucumber, butternut, Jerusalem artichokes, kohlrabi, parsnips, pumpkin or turnips!
- 3 stainless steel spaghetti blades: angel-hair (0.9 mm), linguine (2.4mm) & fettuccine (4 mm)
- A factory-fitted stainless steel flat flute blade for shredding & fluting
- Non-slip suction pads for safe and easy use
- Sturdy chrome handle
- Portable, ergonomic horizontal slicer design
- Biodegradable packaging
Spyra-Gyra blades are interchangeable and replaceable; the slicer is made using excellent quality, food grade materials. It’s easy to clean and easy to store – fuss-free and mess-free.
Recipe for Raw Vegan Coleslaw:
For the coleslaw
- ½ head red cabbage
- ½ head white cabbage
- 2 bunches fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 - 4 carrots
- 8 - 12 green spring onions
For the dressing
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raw cashews (soaked for about 4 hours beforehand)
- A splash of of fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- A pinch of sea salt
- Slice the vegetables using your Spyra-Gyra, and toss together in a salad bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and drizzle it over the vegetables.
- Enjoy tasty, crunchy raw coleslaw – an attractive side-dish for summertime dinner parties!
How to use your Spyra-Gyra:
- Cut both ends of your vegetable off at a clean 90° angle.
- Push one end of the vegetable onto the Pipe Blade.
- Holding the vegetable firmly, push the spikes of the rotating disk into the other end.
- Place your left-hand thumb onto the sticker labelled PUSH and simultaneously turn the blade clockwise.
A full instruction manual is included.
8 out of 8 people would recommend this product09/01/2021, By NeliaExactly what I wanted. Needed some practice but it is easy to use.03/01/2018, By EarthmamaWorks wonderfully. Great quality.23/06/2017, By AyandaFANTASTIC PRODUCT! LOVE THAT I CAN USE THE 'NOODLES' IN SOUPS, SALADS,AND CASSEROLES, OR JUST SAUTE IT IN A PAN. IT IS A STURDY PRODUCT, AND I LOVE THE FACT THAT I CAN RINSE IT06/10/2016, By Lauren van RooyenI have used this so much since I received it (about 6 months ago). Has allowed us a lot more variety in salads. Love carrots done in the spyra gyra (rather using this as a base vs lettuce). Great product.25/08/2016, By HendrikI am gluten intolerant and the Spyra-gyra allows me to make pasta like food. Easy to setup,easy to use.22/01/2016, By AlThis was the 3rd spiralizer I tried and I can finally say that I have found a machine that does what it is meant to do!
Quick and easy to use and easy to wash as well.06/10/2015, By AngieIf you are eating vegetables, you need this in your life... easy to use, makes masses of delcious fun zoodles, and the kids really do enjoy making and eating the veg. Sometimes we have it fully raw other times we steam it slightly. Def changes the way you look at a baby marrow:-)03/06/2015, By MonikaThis is one of my best purchases for the kitchen. It is such a game changer in terms of how food can be prepared and presented and the whole family is enjoying it! Very good value for money.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.