Key features of your seed slab:
- Enriched with organic nutrients
- Made with 100% natural recycled materials
- Fully biodegradable
- Retain more moisture than ordinary soil
- Simple planting instructions are included
- Seeds are open pollinated heirlooms, ensuring great quality, nutritious edible plants
These heirloom seeds are healthier and more sustainable than conventional hybrid seeds.
- Large & juicy
- Distinctive heart shape
- Solid, “meaty” flesh with few seeds
- Can grow up to 250g each!
- Best season for sowing: Spring, early Summer
- Light needed: Full sun
- Harvest: 9-13 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 12 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Asparagus, beans, celery, mint, basil, garlic, lettuce, onions, peppers, carrots
Recipe for Stuffed Oxheart Tomatoes:
- 4 large Oxheart tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup dry quinoa
- ¼ cup diced feta
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Handful fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the stock to boiling point & add the quinoa. Reduce heat to low & cover.
- Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes & gently hollow them out.
- Fluff the cooled quinoa with a fork; mix in the feta, bell pepper, olives, garlic, mint, lemon jucie & olive oil. Season to taste.
- Gently stuff the mixture into the tomatoes. Garnish with fresh mint & enjoy.
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block in the slab is sown with a tomato seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product26/03/2016, By LalliMy three year old loved planting them
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.