More about the goodness of sunflower seeds:
- A good source of selenium, which helps to reduce cell damage.
- A source of bone-building minerals; calcium, magnesium & copper.
- They also contain vitamin E for a youthful, healthy-looking complexion.
- They have anti-inflammatory & antioxidant benefits.
- They promote heart health & help to prevent “bad” (LDL) cholesterol from sticking to the walls of your arteries.
Benefits of sprouting sunflower seeds:
- Convenient; can be grown all year round in your own kitchen
- Economical; a small amount of seeds for a high yield
- Neutralises phytic acid, making the nutrients easier to absorb
- Sprouting improves alkalinity & boosts vitamin content
- Sprouts are a rich source of fibre, antioxidants & oxygen, promoting cell health
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Banana Sunflower Cookies:
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1Tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet & set aside.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream together the bananas, coconut oil & sugar for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sunflower seeds, baking powder & baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture & stir thoroughly to combine.
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place rounded, even-spaced tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden-brown.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
1 out of 2 people would recommend this product16/02/2016, By ElsaI don love the taste of these, but I use them in my seed loaf - which is amazing!15/12/2015, By AngelineWhile these sunflower seeds are nice to eat raw, I have had very little success sprouting them. Hit rate is about 1/4 which seems very low. I have tried two batches and am bout to try a third. But not convinced so far. As raw sunflower seeds go, these are very tasty.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.