Kitchen Garden calabrese broccoli:
- Is certified organic & non-GM.
- Is high in vitamin C & beta-carotene.
- Has a powerful detoxing effect on your body (contains 3 detoxing phytonutrients: Glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian & glucobrassicin).
- Provides an unusual combination of vitamins A & K, which are needed to keep your body’s vitamin D metabolism in balance.
- Has powerful antioxidant & anti-inflammatory effects.
- Has a naturally alkalising effect on your body.
Sprouting helps to increase the nutritional value of your broccoli, making it even better for you! It’s quick and easy, and such a convenient way to enjoy fresh sprouts all year round.
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Banana Broccoli Smoothie:
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 organic banana, frozen
- Handful of sprouted broccoli
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Tbsp raw honey or real maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients in a blender on high speed until smooth & creamy. Serve immediately.
- This is a sweet green smoothie full of energy-giving goodness!
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
3 out of 3 people would recommend this product19/09/2018, By JoannaHealthy option to get your greens, but a bit tricky to sprout. Maybe that is just me though!29/05/2018, By HELENI am loving my kitchen farm and the benefits of the Broccoli sprouts!23/01/2018, By Beverleytried sprouting them.. worked well and sprouted easily; tastey
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.