Kitchen Garden calabrese broccoli:
- Is certified organic & non-GM.
- Is high in vitamin C & beta-carotene.
- Has a powerful detoxing effect on your body (contains 3 detoxing phytonutrients: Glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian & glucobrassicin).
- Provides an unusual combination of vitamins A & K, which are needed to keep your body’s vitamin D metabolism in balance.
- Has powerful antioxidant & anti-inflammatory effects.
- Has a naturally alkalising effect on your body.
Sprouting helps to increase the nutritional value of your broccoli, making it even better for you! It’s quick and easy, and such a convenient way to enjoy fresh sprouts all year round.
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Banana Broccoli Smoothie:
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 organic banana, frozen
- Handful of sprouted broccoli
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Tbsp raw honey or real maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients in a blender on high speed until smooth & creamy. Serve immediately.
- This is a sweet green smoothie full of energy-giving goodness!
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
20 out of 20 people would recommend this product31/07/2020, By TraciI actually mean microgreens not sprouts! (although you can do both)31/07/2020, By TraciI always have some sprouts on the grow, but these broccoli sprouts are my favourite by far.18/06/2020, By TammyEasy to sprout and delicious to eat, although feels a little bit pricey for the amount of seeds you get (1x bag = about 5-6 batches that I sprout in a 1 litre consol glass jar)My first attempt and the family all enjoyed the process and the taste. Will order them again. most seeds sprouted.10/06/2020, By YolindiEasy and quick sprouting. Happy with the ease, it is rather expensive. I will be reordering08/05/2020, By ElsaSprouting up nicely11/04/2020, By RaeEasy sprouting, taste delicious.04/04/2020, By Helga5 stars for the sprouts not for the price. I love these broccoli sprouts but why has the price gone up so crazily?23/10/2019, By LiezelProbably the only kitchen garden seeds I would recommend as these seeds have about 80% sprouting ratio but you can still eat all of it. Reasonable price for the quantity which is about half a cup if I had to guess30/08/2019, By NataschaVery happy with these, I never had success with broccoli sprouts until I tried these ones. Please consider selling a larger sized package?23/08/2019, By CaddieYummy little crunchy sprouts! Will be a repeat order!08/07/2019, By NadiaMy sprouts worked out well. Love adding them to salads.18/06/2019, By CherylGood for detoxing! Use is one's morning smoothies.02/06/2019, By RadianthealthnessExcellent quality seeds, soaked overnight and 3 days later now ready to eat. They are delicious !29/04/2019, By KathTaste is a bit strong for me but I just think of the health benefits when eating it! Also easy to sprout.20/02/2019, By HeatherI recently discovered the benefits of Broccoli Sprouts and tried some I purchased from a nursery but they were outrageously expensive and only some seeds sprouted. I then searched for them on Faithful to Nature and found these organic seeds at a fraction of the price. I received them a week ago and am about to harvest my first jar full.
There are great YouTube videos on the benefits of sprouts how to easily grow them in a jar.09/02/2019, By TianaThis recently became one of my favourite products, I was so keen to start sprouting but had no clue where to find bulk amounts of broccoli seeds, at first I went to the nurseries buying small packets of seeds just to come home and see the seeds covered in a blue chemical like substance, from then I browsed the Internet and found these lovely seeds, this is also what led me to F2N!26/01/2019, By WendySprouted so easily and quickly. Wonderful to have one of the 'superfoods' growing in my kitchen!20/12/2018, By GabriellaThese seeds did a great job of sprouting. I had handsful of the stuff in about 5 days. They taste great in salads and smoothies. Filled with healthy sulforaphane. Already sprouting my next batch. Very happy with these.29/05/2018, By HELENI am loving my kitchen farm and the benefits of the Broccoli sprouts!23/01/2018, By Beverleytried sprouting them.. worked well and sprouted easily; tastey
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.