- Butter Beans (also referred to as Lima Beans) are creamy textured beans that are rich and buttery for comforting soups, casseroles, and stews
- Product of Europe, packed in South Africa
- They are a great source of protein and iron but contain no cholesterol and virtually no fat
- High in fibre to aid in digestion and maintain digestive health
- Rich in potassium promoting heart and kidney health
- A source of Manganese that acts as an antioxidant and fights free radicals within the body
- High in iron, an important component of hemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- Rich in protein - crucial for many functions within the body
- Cooking beans from dry (rather than using canned) allows you to have a better control over the preparation of the beans, like staying away from nasty additives, often making it the healthiest choice
How to Use
- Soak 1 cup butter beans in 3 cups water overnight, thereafter rinsing and draining the beans at least three times. Pour beans into a pot and cover with water - there should be roughly 3cm of water above the beans. Boil on medium to high heat for 40 - 60 minutes whilst stirring regularly.
17 out of 17 people would recommend this product03/08/2021, By NeoVery Devine in a samp or that braai chakalaka with friends over..20/02/2021, By AdriGreat product!07/11/2020, By TylerIt's bomb29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product15/08/2020, By TalGood for a bean salad or soup11/08/2020, By GeorgianaMy family really enjoyed it!09/07/2020, By HeatherWorth the effort to soak and cook yourself as compared to tinned products, delicious30/06/2020, By Nokuphilalovely delicious beans. As a first timer- I really enjoyed them19/05/2020, By Sandesh Elainegood quality06/05/2020, By OnalennaBeans are the best04/05/2020, By LeeanneGood quality beans. Butter beans are one of 3 beans that digest well for me and so nutritious! Good for B blood group vegetarian diets.13/01/2020, By RudéEvenly sized, well cleaned beans. Great packaging. Gets buttery soft when pressure cooked. 5 stars, if it was a bit cheaper.10/09/2018, By AadilaReally nice and tasty02/08/2018, By JeanetteA great bean to have in the pantry - and it is GMO free!22/04/2018, By FatimaFresh quality beans. Cooks quickly soft05/01/2018, By JaneLovely quality and texture. A definite staple to have in the kitchen.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.