- Kind to your skin, the environment and your pocket
- Suitable for sensitive skin types and people with eczema
- Endorsed by the UK’s National Eczema Society
- All parts of the Ecoegg are made from 100% recycled materials
- Packaged in FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified paper and plant based inks
- Not tested on animals
- Tourmaline pellets weaken the adhesive forces between dirt and fabrics
- Mineral pellets naturally ionize the oxygen molecules in water to lift away dirt and grime
- Totally grey water safe
- All EcoEgg Laundry Eggs are safe to use in Top Loaders
- Doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, petroleum based substances, optical brighteners, bleaches, ammonias or optimisers
- The 210 wash EcoEgg can clean up to 1 years worth of laundry
- The 720 wash EcoEgg can clean up to 3 years worth of laundry
- Works out to less than R1.00 per wash
- Completely replaces laundry detergent
- Fragranced with essential oils
- No harsh chemicals
- Easy to use
- To open the egg, grip each half
- Push the button, and twist the bottom halfin the opposite direction of the arrow
- Separate the two halves
- Stand the larger, more pointed half of you Ecoegg on a flat surface
- Empty three (3) packets of mineral pellets, and one pack of tourmaline ceramic pellets into it
- Place the smaller half back on top the larger half, lining up the triangles
- Twist together in the direction of the arrow
- Ensure you Ecoegg is fixed firmly back together before use
- Store your Ecoegg, and the refill pellets in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
- Available in 2 specifications: 210 Washes, and 720 Washes
- Recycled Polyurethane
- Mineral Pellets: Sodium Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Carbonate, Calcium carbonate, Sodium bicarbonate, Sodium Metasilicate, Emulsifier, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Citrate, Essential Oils
Country of Origin:
- Made in The United Kingdom
36 out of 41 people would recommend this product29/01/2021, By CarliThe concept is amazing & it does work, however... It smells liks synthetic fragrances & on the packet the fragrances /"essential oils used as stated on the box" are not listed & therefore I'm disappointed in this product that most likely is falsely advertising themselves... If only the could change the fragrance to legit safe essential oils & also indicate the exact ingredients on their packaging then it would be AMAZING04/12/2020, By UrsulaCan't use above a certain temperature and sheets and towels do need a little warmer wash, but otherwise it's a great product with no mess and no fuss.09/09/2020, By PreshaWorks well on day to day clothes, Heavily soiled clothes do need something stronger. The scent does not really transfer to the clothes. The pellets last for ages.27/08/2020, By JaniWish I knew about this Eco Egg sooner! Absolute love it and it will save so much money and plastic over the years! I definitely recommend getting one!18/06/2020, By KristenGreat product! The smell doesn’t last too long but always get a good clean out of it.26/04/2020, By AshleighI like this product. Didn't quiet know what to expect, however I am glad I gave it a try. I even wash my hubbies PPE with this and it works great.02/04/2020, By WinnerStrange but helpful26/02/2020, By NicoleUnfortunately so disappointed with this item.
I really wanted to love it so I didn't have to buy chemical based laundry detergents but this just does not clean any clothing.
Stains remain on the garment and they don't smell fresh.03/02/2020, By CandiceIt'll take some getting used to the subtle smell of clean laundry after using a commercial detergent for so long. The beads seem to dissolve quicker than anticipated. I am using it correctly but let's see.20/11/2019, By NessaI heard about this product from a friend, and I was sceptical. But after using it for about 3 weeks, on all my clothes, linen, etc. I am recommending it to everyone. Works so well and is eco-friendly! WIN-WIN!17/11/2019, By LorindiAmazing. Clothes so soft and best value for money.10/11/2019, By BARBARAThis little egg works great! I followed the advise of not filling the machine too much on order for the egg to move around all the washing and it works perfectly. I have used it on my 8 year old sons clothes and smelling running clothes and everything comes out clean. I still pretreat any stubborn stains, as I would do normally with previous washing powders. There is a hint of the "clean washing" smell but if you need to really smell that to know your clothes are clean I would add something to your iron water. Its not an issue for me.29/10/2019, By MichelleActually quite phenomenal. Wish more people would use it17/09/2019, By AmbandI bought the 720 wash hoping to be ecofriendly and save money long term. I've now used it about 6 times and whilst the clothes still appear clean and soft there is no scent on the clothes and I still find the white specks appearing on my clothes...since I've invested in it I will continue using and may add an essential oil or softener so that clothes at least smell like they fresh out of the laundry...06/08/2019, By TheritaI was really excited about this product as I'm slowly but surely changing our household to using natural products and it has great review on FTN. But the eco egg didn't clean our clothes at all. Yes, we have young kids and their clothes are extra dirty, but nothing came out clean... This was a very disappointing purchase... :(04/08/2019, By MandlaI like the EcoEgg Fresh linen. I did my first wash and it came out clean and fresh.10/05/2019, By KtyWas quite sceptical when I bought this and now haven't looked back. It works very well and I much prefer it to detergent now. I use it for everything from delecate items to exercise clothes. It needs room to work so unlike detergent you can't overfull / add just one more item into your washing machine esp if you washing bedding or towels.07/05/2019, By NinaAfter 5 months of using the laundry egg I can say that I am very disappointed. Yes, it does save you money as it's very economical but it doesn't really do anything to your laundry... Honestly the results would be the same if you used just water with no detergent. The laundry doesn't come out clean and there is not even the slightest fresh scent.03/04/2019, By NettieI really love this EcoEgg. My washing is nice an clean and the towels nice and soft. Can definitely recommend it.29/03/2019, By SusieInstructions are super clear, and it's very easy to use. No need to buy that perfumy and toxic stuff from the grocery shop! Great for grey water systems12/02/2019, By DaleenI have to be honest, I was skeptical. I am however happy to say after using the ecoegg for more than a month it works! It doesn’t have the strong smell you would usually have after using a detergent, however don’t let that discourage you. My clothes are super soft and it clean.30/01/2019, By suméFantastic buy! Yes, you do need to pretreat hectic stains, but my washing feels softer and I AM NOT BUYING WASHING POWDER! win win....30/01/2019, By VeronicaWorks really well, clothes are really clean and that includes my 4 & 1 year olds' clothing which gets super dirty. It's also going to save me about R1000 over the next 3 years. Love it!21/01/2019, By SamShould have bought this sooner. Just pre treat stains17/01/2019, By AlisjiaSo far, so good. Have been washing for about a month and it does okay... not great, but will keep using it for my husband's sake. It has helped to keep his eczema under control but does not wash as clean as I would like.31/12/2018, By CRSMy skin generally doesn't react well to harsh chemicals, including laundry detergents. I decided to give this a go. I like the subtle smell and that you don't need to use additional softeners. I like to use this on items like sleeping bags, or duvet inners as it is not as soapy as general detergents and I know there will be no residue resulting in itching. Very happy so far.07/12/2018, By AnéSo happy to have bought this product. It is a wonderful alternative to the “normal” less eco friendly products. Excited to see how long it will last for us.07/12/2018, By LisaGreat product! So easy to use and clean great smelling laundry every time, without having to worry about toxins! Just bought a second one as a gift26/11/2018, By TachHave been using the eco egg for 3 weeks and I’m quite impressed! No fabric softener needed too. Have to pre-treat stains, but still very happy with the product :)22/11/2018, By EliznaWorks perfectly, even on sweaty gym clothes. Very happy!16/11/2018, By JeannieA great product, my laundry is as fresh as a daisy, would have given 5 stars but the catch mechanism doesn’t click in properly, hoping it continues to remain intact in the machine.18/10/2018, By MarietteLove it!10/10/2018, By Crizelle5 weeks in and I still LOVE this egg (I bought the fragrance free one) and think that it is the best product I've ever come across!!
I decided to try this when searching for something more cost-effective than Triple Orange Bio-Detergent that we've been using for over 2.5 years (it worked great by the way....fantastic for cloth diapers...but just became too expensive!).
I was initially very skeptical, but it turns out that the Eco Egg cleans just as well, actually even better (we wash 8-10 loads a week that includes toddler and gym clothing and use only cold water).
It is recommended to treat stains before washing, so for tough stains, I simply rub on some Triple Orange Bio-Detergent a while before washing (for very tough ones I put it in the sun for a while after application like I did with cloth diapers). Then I wash with the egg and viola!
The Eco Egg saves A LOT of money, especially when already using only all-natural laundry detergents. It is also super easy to use.
* No cons yet, but I will write an update 1 year in (since I bought the 720 washes!)08/10/2018, By jwAllergy tested it says, so I never assumed that the horrible rash that got worse and worse was finally diagnosed by allergy specialist as the cause of my eczema. Must be the perfume, but not for me anymore!20/09/2018, By NatSo glad to have found this... it seems to really work!15/09/2018, By RachaelQuite possibly my favourite find on this site! I've been using this for a month and really happy with the results. For tougher stains you are likely to need to use this in conjunction with a stain remover and a warmer cycle (30 degrees), although 90% of my laundry washes clean with this on a cold cycle. Definitely recommended.10/09/2018, By PipJust came back from a multiday hike with clothes heavily infused with fire smoke and sweaty body odour. The EcoEgg did an amazing job and left my load wonderfully clean and fresh smelling - super impressed! Its also awesome to not have to add any detergents that leave residue on your clothes and in your machine21/08/2018, By MariskaI have tried another eco laundry liquid for my daughter's eczema and it left her clothes hard, where as the laundry egg leaves it soft and fresh! Not to tough on toddler stains but cleans it well enough.17/08/2018, By SantieI was a little sceptical about this one, as I have tried every eco laundry ball on the market by now and although some of them work for the first bit - they all fail miserably in all areas. These eggs, however, are pretty darn amazing! They really lift out dirt like something else and leave my washing soft and clean. Washing has a very faint smell afterwards, but it is not overpowering and is just enough to notice it when you take your clothes out of the drawer.
Will be trying the pink one to compare the fragrances too.12/08/2018, By DianaI bought the eco egg and have been using it. So far so good. Very impressed with it and so excited that I don’t need to buy washing powder for the next 3 years - Hola! It’s great for the environment and great for my wallet19/07/2018, By WillowSince there aren't any reviews, I thought to give some feedback. I have been trying for quite some time to find a good, reliable eco friendly solution to washing. I decided to give the Ecoegg a go since I found so many good reviews on line. I received my package today and couldn't wait to use it. I am so impressed by this. This removed the marks from the husband's collar in one wash and I've been struggling to get it off for months - stubbornly refusing to use chemicals. I am very much impressed. And it works out cheaper too and sooo much less plastic. Win!!!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.