Used as a massage oil or in a diffuser, clary sage helps with the following:
- Soothes sore tummies
- Eases menstural cramps
- Relieves stress
- Promotes peaceful sleep & prevents insomnia
Essential oils are the highly concentrated active ingredients of plants. They should always be diluted in a base before use and should not be taken internally without professional recommendation.
- Baths: Add 5 – 10 drops of essential oil(s) to a warm run bath. If skin is sensitive, blend the essential oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil first. Close the door so the vapours don’t escape. Soak for at least 10 minutes relaxing and breathing deeply. For added moisturising dilute the oils in 10ml of carrier before adding to the bath.
- Massage: add 5 – 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil. Mix thoroughly and apply liberally to the skin.
- Inhalations: Add 4 - 5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl. Inhale the vapour for a few minutes.
- Burners and Diffusers: Fill the bowl of the burner/vaporiser with water and then add 3 – 6 drops of essential oil. Light the candle and the oil will evaporate as the water heats up. Do not let the bowl dry out.
SOil essential oils and carrier oils are living products that are vulnerable to heat, moisture, air and light. It is best to store them in a cool, dark place with the lids well sealed. If your fridge is the only cool place around, allow the oils to reach a cool room temperature before use (around 20 degrees C).
- For external use only.
- It has been suggested that this essential oil should not be extensively used by pregant women.
Essentail oil of Salvia sclarea (clary sage)
19 out of 19 people would recommend this product11/08/2020, By AlidaNatural medicine at its best09/08/2020, By MountainReal09/06/2020, By Mrs. EGreat Product.14/05/2020, By Sandesh Elainelove12/05/2020, By SavStClaireVery nice smoothing oil.11/05/2020, By RealSoothing smell01/02/2020, By OrganicGood one10/11/2019, By LeandraBeneficial for stress related issues - I use it in my hormonal balance recipe and as an antispasmodic for menstrual cramps.26/09/2019, By SusanaLovely smell and good quality oil. Have used it at least once a week and still have plenty left in the bottle.13/06/2019, By Hassain HashamReally good26/05/2019, By AdrienneLoving the smell of this oil! It's supposed to help with hormone balancing. I've only used it for about a week so would love to leave a review again once this is confirmed16/11/2018, By JeannieThe most beautiful, wonderful quality oil.06/11/2018, By MarcienneLove Soil Oils! Clary Sage (diluted with carrier oil) used on abdomen helps regulate menses, reduces PMS & pain. One of it’s many benefits!22/01/2018, By HesterWonderful! Extremely relaxing and centring, and I can believe the stories of some people almost tripping out on it - it is STRONG! I am going to be trialing it in daily diffuser use to help my slight high blood pressure. I adore the smell, luckily!08/10/2017, By TraceyI have tried many products to try and ease tension/insomnia.
So far so good with this one!28/06/2017, By BrendaWhat a great brand and so affordable. I use the Clary Sage on breakouts and it works perfectly.23/06/2015, By KerrynI love this oil but I see don’t use around infants so now I am scared to use it as my baby sleeps in the same room as us?09/03/2014, By KerryI never thought about using this oil until an aromatherapist told me it was amazing for stress, insomnia and aching muscles. It doesn have the best smell but it works! I use it when I have trouble sleeping - just put a few drops on my pillow and it works every time!07/03/2014, By NosiphoI put the clary sage in hot water and breathe it in. It helps me to relax and helps me to sleep when I can sleep. Works very well.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.