All the rumours you’ve heard about collagen are true.
We’ve all seen the Instagram posts and wishlisted a few items we didn’t quite understand yet - that’s completely natural when there’s a new skin-loving trend at our doors. Now, for you to checkout with the best option possible, let’s understand the world of collagen a little better.
What is Collagen?
First thing’s first - collagen is one of the most abundant proteins in the human body. But, once we start ageing, our collagen production declines - leading to skin that loses its elasticity increasingly as time goes on. Supplementing with collagen can slow down this natural ageing process, helping your skin stay soft and supple for longer. It can be produced from cows, chickens, certain fish, and plants - meaning there’s a solution fit for everyone.
Understanding Hydrolysed Collagen
Hydrolysed collagen (also known as collagen peptides) is collagen that's been broken down, this makes it more easily dissolvable as amino acids - usually available as a collagen powder dietary supplement. AKA, the best collagen for your skin - dare we say, over and above topical collagen creams. Have a look below, we’ve put together a list of some of the best collagen boosters for your skin - all available on Faithful to Nature.
The Best Vegan Collagen For Your Skin
- Phyto Pro Collagen Booster
- Natural Living Vegan Collagen Booster (pea protein)
- Organic Health Solutions Vegan Green Collagen Building Supplement
The Best Non-Vegan Collagen For Your Skin
- The Harvest Table Pure Argentinian Bovine Collagen Granules (bovine collagen)
- SKOON. SK!NSIDE OUT All-in-One Beauty Smoothies (marine collagen)
- Amandean Premium Collagen Peptides (bovine collagen)