Collagen - something we all want - something we all need! But is there a way to avoid impacting animals in the process?
Vegans and vegetarians have seemingly been left out of the WhatsApp group with collagen predominantly made from animals (most often cows, chickens, and some commercially farmed fish types). But, we say no more! Let’s uncover the wonderful world of fundamental nutrition via plant-based collagen for soft, supple, and ageless skin.
What is there to know about collagen?
- It's one of the most abundant compounds in your body.
- It's a protein found in your skin, joints, ligaments, and cartilage.
- It's made up of 8 amino acids for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Where can I find plant-based collagen?
- Pea protein contains the 8 amino acids above and more.
- Pineapple in combination with pea protein improves its bioavailability, making the protein smaller - into peptides that are easier to absorb.
How can I up my collagen production?
Think of collagen as a building block that has to be supported by other factors to come full circle. To produce healthy collagen, you need to make sure you’ve got the right nutrients going on in your diet. For example, vitamin C: a critical collagen supporter - without enough vitamin C, your collagen production begins to shut down. The right protein source (pea protein), made bioavailable with a digestive enzyme (pineapple), together with vitamin C is THE recipe for vegan collagen success.
Now that we’ve sparked your interest - go ahead, try it! Make sure you leave a review to let us know how fantastic you feel!