The active compound in turmeric, known as curcumin, gives the herb its medicinal properties:
- Antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal
- Strengthens the immune system
- Protects the liver against disease
- Helps to lower cholesterol levels
- Lowers blood pressure; decreases the risk of cardiovascular (heart) disease
- Anti-inflammatory: Helps to relieve the pain and swelling of arthritis
- Beneficial for diabetics: Helps to moderate insulin levels and improve glucose control
- Antioxidant: Fights free radical damage and prevents premature ageing of cells
- Anti-carcinogenic: Guards against the formation of tumours and cancer cells
Turmeric is also high in vitamins C, E and K, as well as several beneficial minerals – copper, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
Viridian’s turmeric capsules are certified organic, vegan-friendly and Kosher. Each capsule contains 400mg to ensure you get an optimal dosage.
Take 1-3 capsules daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
1 vegetarian capsule provides 400mg organic turmeric root
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product27/10/2014, By JoI have on a rare occasion woken up with a neck so stiff the only solution is 2 or 3 sessions at physio plus anti inflammatories. The last time this happened I remembered a conversation with a friend who recommended turmeric for pain relief (she suffers from fibromyalgia), so I bought this one (in capsule form - I thought it would be easier). I only took 2 capsules in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 2 again in evening on the first day and then 2 the following morning and evening. From the first capsules I could feel the stiffness and pain begin to subside and by the end of the second day the pain was completely gone! 2 Days of taking 10 turmeric capsules - thats it. All fixed up! I highly recommend this product for any form of pain / inflammation relief.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.