Allicin is nature’s proven antimicrobial agent. It’s not garlic; it’s the proactive protein that makes garlic great.
Garlic is a superfood. Simple as that. The crushed kind has been found to help crush infections, reduce blood lipids, improve heart health and stimulate the immune system.
To get the abovementioned benefits, you’d have to put away platefuls of garlic on a regular basis. Not practical, or palatable. And that’s where The Real Thing Alli-Biotic comes in.
Did You Know? Most garlic supplements don’t contain allicin – only its precursors, which don’t guarantee the protein itself. The Real Thing Alli-Biotic contains the real thing itself – Allisure®, a concentrated, stabilised, clinically proven allicin extract. Enough adjectives for you?
WHAT IS ALLICIN?
It isn’t automatically available in garlic cloves. Rather, it’s a product of the plant’s inbuilt self-defence system. For emergency purposes only.
Here's how it happens:
- GARLIC IS INVADED OR CRUSHED. Garlic can sometimes be invaded by bacteria, fungi or parasites in the soil. This damages the bulb – just like when garlic is crushed.
- INVASION TRIGGERS A REACTION. Within the clove, an enzyme called allinase converts a substance called alliin into a protein called allicin. It takes only a few seconds and looks something like this: Alliin + allinase enyme = allicin
- ALLICIN ATTACKS THE INVADER. The allicin produced in response to the damage immediately gets to fighting the infection.
Ever noticed that garlic doesn’t smell like garlic until it’s been crushed, cut or processed? That's because intact garlic cloves (like most garlic supplements) contain lots of alliin and allinase, but you need the active allicin to get the garlic effect.
Did You Know? Allicin works hard to protect a garlic plant from various infections. That’s why, in its concentrated form, it can also be used to help protect you.
HOW DOES IT HELP?
1. ANTI-INFECTION. According to the UK’s Garlic Information Centrestudies consistently show that stabilised allicin can help fight infections caused by bacteria, fungi and even viruses. Like what?
- Bacterial and fungal skin and nail infections, as well as infected skin conditions, cuts, open wounds, bites and stings, as well as fungal nail infections.
- Viral infections, including herpes viruses. That’s why allicin is useful in the treatment and prevention of cold sores (applying the liquid as soon as tingling is felt can prevent or hinder the cold sore from developing).
- The common cold. A double blind placebo controlled study by the Garlic Information Centre found that allicin reduced the occurrence of the common cold, and the number of recovery days needed when infected. (published in Advances in Therapy, July/August 2001).
- “Superbug” infections. Recent research shows that allicin can even help combat multidrug resistant bacteria, including “superbug” strains of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Eczema and acne. Because MRSA is six to seven times more likely to be found in cases of eczema and acne, allicin could prove especially useful for people with these conditions.
2. PRO-HEART HEALTH
- Better blood pressure. It’s been found anecdotally that stablised allicin can reduce blood pressure by up to 20%. For almost 100 years garlic has had a place in the treatment of hypertension and arteriosclerosis – as far back as 1928 it was found to effectively reduce blood pressure levels.
- Lower cholesterol. Research shows that garlic has significant cholesterol-lowering activity. One study even found that garlic powder was as effective in decreasing cholesterol levels as a commonly prescribed lipid-lowering drug of the time.
3. PRO-IMMUNE BALANCE
- Improved allergies. Allicin has been found to help improve allergic symptoms and to increase the CD4 and CD8 T-cell counts.
- More immune activity. Studies show that allicin can increase immune-cell activity. It’s also been shown to inhibit the growth of certain cancer cells. An American trial has shown that garlic extracts can enhance the activity of immune cells called natural killer cells in AIDS patients.
WHAT MAKES ALLI-BIOTIC THE REAL THING?
- What we put in it. Just pure, allicin. Unlike many other garlic supplements, The Real Thing Alli-Biotic contains allicin itself and not just its precursors alliin and allinase.
- What we don’t put in it. No binders, fillers, contaminants, preservatives, colourants, flavourants or additives of any kind.
- How it’s made. We only use Allisure® allicin, a sure-betextract that’s been stabilised and concentrated through a unique patented process. The result is a clinically proven and completely stable form of allicin that can work even harder for you.
“We would not expect any other commercially available garlic extract to work as well as Allisure®. Simply because they either do not contain any allicin or they rely on your body making it, which often doesn't happen or sometimes produces a very low yield of allicin.”
- Dr Ronald R Cutler, deputy director of biomedical science, School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London
Take 2 capsules daily, or consult your health practitioner.
Taking too much garlic can hinder blood clotting. If taking anticoagulants or about to undergo surgery, consult your health professional before taking any garlic supplement. Garlic can also cause reactions in people who are allergic.
Stabilised Allisure allicin extract (280mg per capsule), non-GM maltodextrin.
25 out of 25 people would recommend this product16/07/2020, By CharmaineFantastic product. Great quality. Fantastic health benefits when taken as a daily supplement.13/07/2020, By AndiAwesome product.01/06/2020, By TalentSuper duper13/05/2020, By WynterReally feel it is helping with my candida cleanse.18/04/2020, By Izanelove27/02/2020, By AmandaThese pills are AMAZING! My husband and I use them whenever we feel like we're starting to get sick. I'm convinced they boost our immune systems because we never end up getting sick once we start taking them.07/02/2020, By CIndyAt Dischem it's about R28028/12/2019, By TasneemLove these pills! First time using them and it's just what I needed.26/12/2019, By BaliThe pills are superb...They smell like garlic if you not a fan but they do work25/10/2019, By AhmedExcellent product25/09/2019, By CarmenThe capsules have a garlicy smell which could be offputting for some. I have been on a detox and I haven't felt run down and have avoided catching the flu from my partner. I've taken for just under a month so perhaps a long term dosage will be more telling but for now, I'm glad I bought it.30/07/2019, By M1This is a great product. I have been struggling with a recurring infection and this has cleared it ou.12/07/2019, By JoI love this stuff!!! If I feel a cold coming on, I just take 2 of these, twice a day and it's gone within a day!17/05/2019, By PGreat product. As someone who struggles with digestion and tummy discomfort this product has helped minimise most symptoms. Yes it is on the expensive side, but i think worth the price.13/11/2018, By warrenwow. amazing product. combine it with ALA(Alpha Lipoic acid) before a big meal and you wont put on weight. I use it for my cheat days as i follow the Four Hour body Slow carb diet. i literally have up to 20000kj of food on my cheat days and the next day im the same weight as my previous day27/10/2018, By anonymousGreat for settling stomach issues. Discomfort. Acid reflux. Buring stomach. Especially for lactose intolerant.03/10/2018, By AjThe best product for Cold and Flu - will never look back and use anything else!30/07/2018, By AjFantastic!11/07/2018, By Nicksoon as these capsules touch your lips you can taste the "garlic" which leads me to believe that this is pure alicin19/12/2017, By AjHas prevented me going on antibiotics twice this year. Incredible product! Will definitely purchase again and hope to never go on antibiotics again.13/11/2017, By TraceyGreat natural immune booster05/07/2017, By CourtneyI used this when I had the flu and could feel it working it's magic, got better before everyone else in the family31/05/2017, By StephI'm not quite sure if these capsules work for me. I tried taking 2 per day while I had a cold which didn't help. Recently tried 4 capsules per day while I had a sinus infection and I felt better in the mornings but still didn't heal me up..26/07/2016, By LuciaAlli-Biotic has become a permanent part of my winter medicine cupboard. Works just as well as an allopathic antibiotic without the side effects ! Works well as an immune boost too.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.