All about “dino kale”:
- Hardy, easy to grow
- A great plant source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Contains twice the vitamin C of an orange
- Contains more vitamin A than any other leafy green vegetable!
- Best season for sowing: Spring, Autumn
- Light needed: Full sun in a cool spot
- Harvest: 6-8 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 6 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Grows well with potatoes, sage, onions, dill, rosemary
Growing your own Dinosaur Kale is so easy with a SOW Delicious seed slab:
- Handmade using all-natural & recycled materials
- Non-GMO, open pollinated heirloom seeds
- Enriched with organic nutrients to promote germination
- Retains more water than ordinary soil, keeping seedlings moist
- Includes easy-to-follow planting instructions
Recipe for Dinosaur Kale & Baby Potatoes:
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1oz. baby potatoes
- 3Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1oz. dinosaur kale, chopped roughly
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & black pepper
- Grated zest of a lemon
- Lemon juice to taste
- Bring the stock & water to a boil; add the potatoes. Turn the heat down to simmer gently until the potatoes are tender (about 20-30 minutes).
- Drain & coat the potatoes with 1Tbsp olive oil. Salt well & set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the kale & turn to coat with the oil as it wilts.
- Add the garlic & toss to combine. Add the red pepper flakes, season with salt & black pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat & cover the pan. Wait 2-4 minutes before uncovering.
- Mix the lemon zest with the kale. Lay down a "nest" of kale on each plate & arrange some baby potatoes in the middle. Squeeze a little lemon juice over everything just before serving. Enjoy!
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block of the slab is embedded with a kale seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.