The Reel Gardening Bee Food Autumn kit includes:
These plants provide local bee colonies with a great natural source of nourishment during the colder months.
- What makes the Reel Gardening system so special?
- Takes the fuss & guesswork out of gardening
- Contains top quality seeds & natural fertiliser
- Extremely water-wise; saves up to 80% water use during germination
- Very quick & easy to plant
- Great for family gardening projects with the kids
- Keeps seeds in place at the correct distance apart
- Protects the seeds from pests
- Prevents birds from eating the seeds out of the soil
- Handmade by previously unemployed women in South Africa
- Created by a young South African, winner of Woman in Water for Scientific Research & United Nations Environmental SEED award
- Turn the soil to allow for root growth; add your own compost or fertiliser if necessary
- Make a furrow in the ground & plant your Reel Gardening strip up to the white line
- Place the strip vertically in the soil, with the coloured portion visible above the soil
- Pat down the soil around your strip to secure it in place
- Water daily until the plants germinate, from then on water every second or third day
- Unplanted product will keep for 18 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
- Bee Food (Autumn): Borage, Poppy & Pea seeds
- Dimensions: 9 x 3.9 x 1.4cm
- Seeds & nutrients in plantable, biodegradable paper tape
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
13 out of 13 people would recommend this product29/08/2020, By LaurenBought a few different varieties of these as a birthday gift for a little eco-warrior and he LOVED THEM! Cute packaging, fun activity and a sweet way of learning how to grow your own food.29/05/2020, By RockBees are drawn to this02/04/2020, By WinnerAmazing item28/03/2020, By GreenCool14/02/2020, By TylerI have repurchased these, my chilli from the garden in box is thriving. Now I am planting for the bees!22/02/2019, By DawnCan't believe all the flowers are edible for us too, amazing!22/02/2019, By JuliaI am so glad that I don't need to buy packs of 100's of seeds that mostly go to waste! Also, Planting the 'paper' with singular seed you don't have a bunch growing on top of each other depleting nutrients.24/01/2019, By zahraThe seeds are already sprouting, instructions are So easy (tells you when to plant how to plant etc). i like that there are just a few seeds. makes it practical and easy for window boxes / small balconies.16/01/2019, By Minette(Full disclosure, I haven't planted mine yet so can't comment on the seed quality)
I was expecting a bigger box.
The word "reel" in the name ... I was expecting reels and reels of seeds
But look again at the price to set a realistic expectation for yourself! There are two peas, and two "packs" of the borage and poppy
So you'll get 6 plants in total.
Lovely gift idea, and I have received a similar pack as a corporate gift before and it germinated really well02/01/2019, By BernadetteI love this! One way to help our little bees!30/04/2018, By DebbieThis is such a nice idea and the information leaflet is very helpful.
We planted our bee food and are waiting expectantly03/03/2018, By Jeanne JSo happy to see Reel Gardening seeds on Faithful to Nature, absolutely brilliant concept and fun to use. They make wonderful gifts, especially for children and for people who have only a small space to grow their own herbs or veg.09/02/2018, By Susie-JHBI absolutely love this product! The bees are endangered and really struggle to find food to sustain their hives in the colder months. This simple, inexpensive product is such an easy way for me and my family to make a small contribution to helping the bees. Its such a great idea!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.