- Suitable for all hair types
- Similar to Pure Simple Castile Soap Bar (Fragrance Free)
- Made with an even more generous proportion of olive oil to be softer and more suitable for the hair
- Makes a rich, creamy lather
- Handmade in Cape Town
- Free of synthetic colours, preservatives and artificial fragrances
- Packaged in biodegradable cardboard boxes
- Palm oil free
- Cruelty free
- Wash hair as normal and rinse thoroughly
- Instead of conditioner, Pure Simple recommends a vinegar rinse to restore natural pH balance to hair and scalp
- Use 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of water (Use 2 tablespoons, in 2 cups of water for very long hair)
- Rinse finally with water to remove the vinegar rinse
- Dry, and style as normal
Vinegar rinse tips:
- Apple cider vinegar is a good all round choice, suitable for all hair types
- Dark, grape vinegar is excellent for darker, brunette hair
- Lemon juice is a recommended alternative to vinegar for fair blonde hair
- When using soap based shampoos – it is a soap and soap stings if it gets in your eyes
- Nett weight: 100 g
- Olive Oil, Water, Caustic Soda
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
12 out of 15 people would recommend this product16/09/2020, By AngelReally like this product, works well and leaves me hair soft and tangle free I don’t even need conditioner23/05/2020, By KhanyaDefinitely Eco-friendly and savvy. A regular shampoo would have costed around R100. Now looking at the ftn apple cider vinegar ????08/05/2020, By ElderNIce enough08/04/2020, By GemmaWorked fine the first week or so of using but now just makes my hair super greasy even if I don't use conditioner. Also needed to use a tiny amount for it to not be super super greasy, but even then still quite bad.
Will continue to look for one that doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy23/02/2020, By EcoAs expected22/01/2020, By SunnySo maybe I needed to give my hair a longer adjustment period but it left my hair feeling unwashed and greasy. I usually have normal to dry hair. But I am not giving up and will keep trying brands, ditching the bottle is worth it. I loved it for my body after though lovely and rich.21/10/2019, By AtelThere is a detox and adjustment period and we have very hard water.
Still impressed with this shampoo bar. Foams up nice. We use it as a shampoo, face wash and body wash.25/09/2019, By MegEveryone's hair is different. This shampoo bar made my hair feel grubby after washing. Did not try vinegar was as it requires a plastic bottle (and perhaps even a plastic spray bottle) and tried the shampoo bar to REDUCE plastic waste. Personally not worth it.10/08/2019, By AmyI've been using this shampoo bar for about a year now, without anything else on my hair, and for the first time ever my hairdresser of more than 15 years said that my "hair feels good, really good!". After switching from expensive salon products to the Pure Simple bar it definitely took an adjustment period of about 2 months in the beginning, when I didn't know after a wash if my hair was going to be dry or oily. But now it's settled and feels consistently good. No looking back, for my hair, my pocket or the environment.06/08/2019, By MargzReally easy to use and cleans well. Great all round shampoo.06/08/2019, By MargzGreat product. Really happy with it, it has even helped improve problem skin.27/06/2019, By MelWorks well, non drying. Wish they had a conditioner bar as well25/01/2019, By KerriI really enjoy this shampoo bar. My only issue would be how it dries my hair out a fair amount. I find it nice to sue once a week for like a "strip"-hair feels very clean after using it.08/10/2018, By TarynThis is the first shampoo bar I've bought. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but my hair feels awful after using this. I've tried rinsing with apple cider vinegar followed by rinsing with water as recommended but my hair still felt heavy and starchy. Will rather stick to other natural shampoos that have worked for me.01/10/2018, By GailMy hair loves this shampoo bar! It definitely has more body than before. Love that there are no plastic bottles to dispose of too.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.