All Pure Simple soaps are handmade using only the finest natural vegetable butters and oils, are fully biodegradable and are specially formulated to be mild and gentle on the skin with a rich creamy lather. They contain no artificial additives, preservatives, cosmetic fragrances, synthetic surfactants, mineral oils or petroleum based ingredients.
Where possible, ingredients are sourced locally to minimise the carbon footprint and to support environment friendly principles. In keeping with these environment friendly principles, all bar soaps are packaged in Good for the Ground™ biodegradable and compostable poly-lactic acid (PLA) bags.
Did you know? Caustic soda (also called lye or sodium hydroxide) is used to turn oil into bar soap but 72 hours after it is made the caustic soda is neutralised - no more oil - no more caustic soda - just pure mild safe-to-use bar soap. All PURESIMPLE bar soaps are cured for 4 - 6 weeks before being sold.
Olive oil, Natural spring water, Sodium hydroxide
25 out of 26 people would recommend this product16/05/2018, By ChrissyVery versatile soap, I use mine to make my own laundry detergent.31/01/2018, By CarolineUse castile soap bar as part of laundry detergent. Clothes come out clean and smelling clean too.21/01/2018, By BronwenThis soap can be anything you need it to be. Make shampoo, body wash, face wash and hand wash. Versatile and safe for anyones skin type.08/01/2018, By JoEvery other soap I have used has left my skin dry and itchy but not this one. Will definitely buy this soap again.30/12/2017, By SunStarLove this soap. Gentle and nourishing on the skin.01/12/2017, By JaneSo Milan and gentle08/10/2017, By CharleneEarly days but I am enjoying this soap so far15/09/2017, By naturalnice soap26/07/2017, By Abigail SThis is my favourite soap - it cleanses very well while still being gentle and not stripping or drying the skin. Having no essential oils included is great as they often can sting in open damaged skin. It also doesn't get stuck to surfaces very much like other castile soaps do. Very happy this soap exists!13/07/2017, By LaraGreat soap - leaves skin feeling hydrated.20/06/2017, By JessicaThis is a good quality soap. Well packaged and weighs exactly 100 grams. You're definitely getting what is stated on the box. It is mild and has that lovely characteristic Castille Soap scent. A great alternative to commercial soaps but it is rather pricey per bar compared to other commercial soap bars. However, if you can, it's a good investment.03/05/2017, By MorulaneThis soap worked well on my body especially. my face took some time to get used to the itch but after a couple of days I couldn't feel the itch anymore. my only issue was how it just dissolved quickly. id suggest to buy in bulk.22/04/2017, By ColinI previously said this soap seems to be an alternative to Cetaphil for those who also have a 15 minute itching sessions after showering.
After the first few bars this also made me itch (as does 99% of other soaps). I now find the least itching from this soap: Victorian Garden Rosemary & Nettle Soap, which is also a lot cheaper than Cetaphil.17/12/2016, By ColinFinally an alternative to Cetaphil.
- It really is gentle on the skin - something many other soaps falsly claim.
- I do not itch after showering
- It does not look like someone used sand paper on my face after showering.
- A new block of soap is sharp and hard to use initially
- A bit expensive, but still cheaper than Cetaphil14/11/2016, By YumnaKeeps my dry skin moist. But the soap doesn last long which makes it even more expensive then it already is. Won buy it again.25/10/2016, By BeverlyGreat product that is so gentle on the skin I even use it on my very sensitive and allergic dogs!19/10/2016, By ShivThe soap is a pleasant colour, lathes well and lasts long. Have not experienced any noticeable skin irritation since using the soap. If the product qualifies for endorsement by Dermatologists, the manufacturers should pursue this.30/08/2016, By BronwenThis product is light enough to use on my newborns skin so that makes me very happy.10/08/2016, By SerianeMy mother uses this soap and finds it cleans her skin and hair well without leaving it stripped and very dry.15/07/2016, By EdwinaLove this natural soap, gentle enough for my kids! Even use it on our faces! Will buy again!18/04/2016, By LauraMy father passed away in January this year of cancer, just before he died he had a terrible. Rash and it itched like crazy, it was never diagnosed what it was as he had so many allergies, the doctors
Just gave him cream to use.
About three weeks after his death my mom broke out in the same thing. To me it looked like scabies, So I googled it and the rash the itching the little white things that came out the wounds looked like Scabies.
On researching scabies because now we were all itching, and had the rash, I came across a soap Called castile.
And God bless your company, I ordered you sent pronto and I started using the bar of soap. I would lather it on a face cloth put it all over my body let it dry on me, then run a very hot Bath and redo the procedure in the bath again.
After I towel dried I would lather more soap and apply it overnight. It was two (2) days and my rash and itch was a thing of the past.13/03/2016, By LiezelWe love this gentle soap for use by everyone in the family and even use it as a shampoo bar. Just use some diluted vinegar water as a conditioning rinse.16/09/2015, By sashaThis is so gentle and does not dry out my sin, or irritate it at all! Fantastic product!04/08/2015, By CindyWe are loving this simple soap that is gentle and does the job. Very gentle on my very sensative-skinned 5 year old too.16/05/2015, By TerriHaving battled for many years, including visits to the Dermotologist,trying to find a cleanser for my very sensitive and reactive skin, I have at last found the perfect product. This soap bar has calmed down my sensitive skin and does not cause any irritation or breakouts. I would highly recommend if you have sensitive skin.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.