- The indicated colour can be achieved on grey, blond and light brown hair. This dye does not contain any bleaching agents so cannot lighten darker hair to this bright colour.
- Contains Ayurvedic herbs such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth and strength and removing dandruff.Can be used with Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical dyes.
- Permanent to semi-permanent dye depending on hair type and lifestyle.
- The indicated colour is a general guide. Colour coverage and final colour will depend on your hair type, hair condition, previous treatments and lifestyle.
- Eco-friendly and 100% vegan.
- Certified Organic
- Certified Halaal
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty & Vegan SA
- The Light Auburn dye is a good shade to use for covering grey.
- You can vary the application time to get shades from a strawberry blond to the bright coppery red colour indicated.
- A brighter/redder colour result can be achieved with a longer application time and with repeat applications.
- For best results use with a sulphate-free shampoo.
- You can mix this dye with the other Love My Hair shades to make a unique colour for your hair.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a conditioning treatment with a cold-pressed plant oil such as coconut, olive, argan, black cumin or jojoba oil will remedy it.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- Every time you dye your hair, it will get brighter and more vibrant, so if you don’t want this to happen, just dye your roots.
- You can use this dye on highlighted/bleached hair to get a very vibrant colour.
- It is not recommended to bleach your hair after using this dye.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (this is very important, if you don’t do this the colour may ‘bleed’ afterwards) and then shampoo and condition.
- 1 x 100g Packet Light Auburn Hair Dye.
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Clarifying Shampoo (For before dye application).
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Sulphate-Free Shampoo (To wash out dye).
- 1 x Instruction Leaflet.
- 1 x Application Gloves.
- *Henna (Lawsonia inermis), *Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), *Amla (Emblica officinalis), *Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), *Harad (Terminalia chebula), *Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), *Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), *Shikakai (Acacia concinna).
- *Certified Organic
8 out of 9 people would recommend this product09/05/2020, By JanaWorks so well14/06/2019, By HelenI find this to be a very good quality product. I've had cancer, and feel at ease now, using a chemical-free hair dye. The light Auburn colour suits me well. It coveres the grey almost 100%, but I don't want to try a darker shade, as this one is just right for me.11/12/2017, By KarinIt is very good product and healthy too. Very safe alternative to hair dye. I have been using henna (100%pure henna) for many years, and i look forward to use this product which is quicker to use. Only that i should have chose the flaming red, as this light auburn color may be too light for my already dark hair.29/09/2017, By MiriamHaving had cancer, my doc wanted me to find a hair dye that was totally herbal. . . .Love My Hair. Lovely colour and even improved the texture of my "post chemo" hair.24/05/2017, By MandiLove this, no more chemicals!! and my hair loves it.
I have very long thick curly hair and found that one packet was more than enough. Thank you for this product, no more harmful chemicals :)10/03/2016, By SuzanneHierdie produk is regtig nie n slegte produk nie: die gewone LANG en morsige henna-proses, maar dit laat jou hare lekker gesond en dik voel. My probleem was egter die kleur. Vosbruin (auburn) is tog n rooibruin met goue ondertone. Hierdie kleur is n sterk pruimbruin met minimale goud en het op die ligter dele van my hare amper
purper/mahonie kleur gelaat. Op die donkerder gedeeltes is die kleur mooier. My hare was nie vooraf gekleur nie en is natuurlik n ligte rooibruin. Kortom, goeie produk, maar dalk veiliger vir mense met donker hare.
This product leaves your hair shiny and feeling a lot thicker. Yes, it does involve the normal process of henna which takes LONG and can be messy. However, I think that people who buy this will be quite prepared for the time that it takes to apply and develop. I simply wasn happy with the colour. Auburn implies a red-brown with golden undertones. My hair turned a plummish red-brown with an almost purple-mahogony tint on the lighter parts of my fringe and hairline. I think that this would be perfect on someone with dark hair, but for those of us falling in the lighter spectrum, be warned.23/04/2015, By Carol LindsayI am very happy to have found this product although it didn't work for me ! as one of the colours recommended for covering grey hairs, I chose the Light Auburn but my hair roots turned bright orange ! however, my hair overall was in lovely silky condition and the product is extremely good quality and have wonderful ingredients in it. I should have opted for brown which I've now done for a second try a week later - 2 hairdresser visits so an expensive mistake for me! However, stuff happens and Cath from Love My Hair was incredibly helpful with my questions and said I should rather try the Dark Brown colour. so I give this a 9/10 for a quality product but it lost a point as it was recommended for covering grey but went orange instead !
UPDATE: Having failed to get my grey roots covered with the first colour I tried (which is recommended as being OK to cover grey roots) Light Auburn, I tried the Brown. this too did not colour in the grey but turned my grey hair roots orange, under sunlight BRIGHT orange ! However, once again I got beautiful glossy well conditioned hair so this is not a complaint just a review to help other customers. I have now been recommended to try the Dark Brown. which is the colour my hairdresser suggested to me in the first place (contrary to the manufacturers advice) as being probably the only one which would efficiently colour in grey roots.10/02/2015, By MorganI admit, I had this box on the shelf for a good few weeks before I worked up the nerve to try it, and halfway through I was convinced I would land up with green hair! But no. Glorious, natural looking colour. Covered the greys first time too. It is a bit of a schlepp though, be warned. And this one does take on a sheen of green initially, but the colour does develop as promised. It makes a muddy mixture and is a bit tricky in applying, but well worth it. Hair does tend to feel a little dry and straw-like initially, but the coconut oil helps significantly.
No chemicals, no harm to the environment and no bunny torture on my account :)15/09/2014, By ElsabeI really like the Love my hair range - it works much better than the Sante product I tried at first and the powder has a nice smooth texture compared to Sante. Im still looking for a chestnut-colour, which unfortunately isn available in this range. The light auburn worked well on my medium brown hair looked very natural. I wouldve bought it again if it hadn been out of stock at the time.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.