- 1 cup sunflower seeds (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup dried pears/blueberries
- 2 cups hemp or oat milk*
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Soak the sunflower seeds in 2 cups of water overnight. Drain off the water in a sieve before cooking the seeds.
- In a saucepan or small pot, cook the sunflower seeds in the milk, salt and vanilla powder. Simmer on a medium heat for approximately 30 minutes.
- While the sunflower seeds are cooking, in a separate bowl, cover the dried pears (fruit) in boiling water and allow to rehydrate until soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- Remove the pears from the water and then add to a small saucepan. Heat through the pears until warm and soft.
- Once the sunflower seeds are soft and pale in colour, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the slightly cooled sunflower seed mix to a high-speed blender and pulse lightly (3-5 pulses) until it looks creamy but still has texture.
- Return the blitzed mixture to the pot and add maple, hemp seeds and tahini.
- Allow to heat through before serving with the warmed pears.
- Add more milk, hemp seeds or tahini according to taste preferences.
*You can substitute the oat milk with hemp seed milk. If you would like to make your own hemp seed milk: soak ¼ cup hemp seeds in water in the fridge overnight. Blend with 1 cup filtered water and a pinch of sea salt until smooth. Lasts 2 – 3 days.