- Wooden bee hotel
- Single unit design with colourful pitched roof
- A safe nesting & breeding structure for solitary bees
- A safe place for young solitary bees to grow to maturity
- Holes of various sizes mimic those found in the wild
- Provides access for different varieties of solitary bees
- Quick & easy to hang
- Does not attract honey bee colonies
- A great way to support the threatened bee population
- Attracts docile, gentle pollinators to your garden
Did you know? There are close to 1000 solitary bee species in South Africa. Unlike honey bees, they don’t rely on a Queen for breeding; they live independently and need their own private space to breed. Most solitary bee species are stingless, and they tend to be very passive and gentle.
How it works:
- A female solitary bee selects a hole of the right size & depth to be her breeding nest
- From her chosen nest, the female will fly back & forth in your garden to collect pollen & nectar
- She will mix the pollen & nectar into a paste & place it at the back of the hole
- She will lay her eggs close to this mixture, to give her young the nourishment they need
- After “filling the pantry” & laying her eggs, she will seal up the hole with various natural materials, then fly off
- The young bees will grow up safely in the nest, feeding on the pollen & nectar mix until they’re old enough to break through the sealed door & fly off
- Congratulations you’ve helped a new generation of bees to flourish into adulthood!
- Single unit
Country of Origin
Made in South Africa
8 out of 8 people would recommend this product24/06/2020, By SusanQuite small, but very cute! Excited to see when the new tenants will be arriving.28/03/2020, By GreenFree accommodation17/01/2020, By SupportGood service10/05/2019, By TraciI bought this for myself but couldn't find an appropriate place to hang it (out of direct sunshine and rain) - so I gave it to a friend and she was over the moon! Can't wait to get her feedback on bee activity :)28/04/2019, By BronSimpI bought one of these at the Shongweni Market. I hung it up outside my front door and within 2 weeks I was watching a variety of solitary bees build their nests as well as wasps and spiders try get a quick meal. Fascinating to see!17/01/2019, By StephanieSo cute! Love the design and the little added bags on the front. Still awaiting some guests but it's been great having my toddler run to check each day!18/09/2018, By BarendI love the hotel, it is a nice addition to the garden, no tenants yet though23/04/2018, By RoxyVery cute but no insects living there yet...
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.