PLEASE NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING: We will not accept returns of any feminine hygiene, menstrual or intimate products such as reusable pads, menstrual cups and sponges, yoni eggs or underwear.
- Pack of 2 menstrual sponges; 1 small & 1 extra-large
- The different sizes are suitable for different times in your cycle
- Each sponge can be used for 3-6 menstrual cycles
- Packaged in a biodegradable eco-plastic bag
- Comes with a detailed information leaflet with all the info you need
All Woman-Kind products are hygienically packaged in biodegradable eco-plastic packets from Green Home.
What makes “sponge tampons” better than ordinary tampons?
- Free of synthetic fibres, bleaches, chlorine & harsh pesticides
- Gentle on delicate vaginal skin; don’t dry & abrade the skin as tampons do
- Can be reused multiple times, saving money & waste
- Ultra-soft, comfortable & absorbent
- Hygienic & easy to clean, dry & care for
- Easy to dispose of at the end of the life-cycle; 100% biodegradable
- These sponges are a sustainably harvested natural resource
- They break down naturally and will nor pollute the water supply or landfills
Sea sponges have the ability to regenerate from fragments left from the original sponge. When a sponge is correctly harvested, the base of the sponge remains intact, so that it has the ability to regrow, and can be harvested again and again.
Sea sponges and veganism:
By definition, sea sponges are classified as animals and not plants; however, sponges have no organs, brains or nervous systems, meaning that they do not feel any pain. When they are correctly harvested, sea sponges are not injured or damaged; they grow back stronger, and also release spores to form new sponges. This process is similar to pruning a plant in order to keep it healthy. Some vegans might feel that using a natural sea sponge contradicts the vegan belief system or lifestyle; while some others may not. The choice is yours to make.
Sea sponges and TSS:
Always be aware of the symptoms of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome); this is a rare condition associated with internal menstrual products. Because sea sponges are natural and do not cause dryness or abrasion, they are less likely than ordinary tampons to trigger TSS.
Before first use:
- Check and clean your sponges before the first time you use them. You may find small particles of shells and coral in the sponges; simply rinse and rub these out of the sponge.
- Like tampons, sea sponges are not sterile. Soak your sponge in a cup of warm water with a little vinegar to disinfect it, then allow it to air-dry.
- Wet your sponge with warm water until soft. Squeeze out the excess water.
- Squash the sponge and gently insert it as you would a tampon, until it feels secure.
- You can also trim the perimeter of your sponge a little at a time, until you are comfortable with the size.
- Feel for the perimeter of the sponge, grasp it and pull gently; sponges are delicate and can tear quite easily.
- During your cycle, simply remove and rinse your menstrual sponge with warm water, with every trip to the toilet, or when the sponge is full.
- Gently squeeze out the excess water before re-inserting the sponge.
- Between each cycle, disinfect your sponge.
- Do NOT use soap or detergent.
- Soak the sponge in warm water and vinegar for 10 minutes, then leave to air-dry.
- You can also add a few drops of lavender or tea tree oil to the water when disinfecting your sponges.
15 out of 17 people would recommend this product31/08/2020, By NickyGreat product! So glad I found these. Very comfortable and easy to use08/07/2020, By NickyGreat product! Very comfortable, easy to use, less cramps and not harmful to the environment! Love them!06/07/2020, By ChingGood product!
The extra-large size might take a while to get used to how to insert it, because of the big size. I need to change it once an hour on the heavy day, so need to use pad in case of leakage.09/05/2020, By TinaVery pleased with these05/02/2020, By CaitBest decision Ive made. Have recommended to all my friends who love it just as much!04/12/2019, By GabsI love these. I suffer from pain and discomfort when using tampons or mooncups. These are absolutely painfree and so comfortable - cannot even tell its there. Im so happy I found them.19/07/2019, By AnonymousSuper comfortable19/07/2019, By MeganThank you so much for this wonderful product that has really changed my life. I can now sleep through the night without waking up every 3 hours to change. Yay!! Awesome buy :-)23/03/2019, By StaceyAbsolutely incredible product! Feels so natural, fits perfectly, and reduces my menstrual cramps. I have a copper IUD which has lengthened my period and have since experienced irritation with synthetic menstrual products. But no more! These sponges are awesome, the smaller one leaks a bit on heavy days as any tampon would. I lost the medium size sponge after using it once so can't comment on that but I will order an extra large now for heavier days. I wish I had known about these earlier. Cheers to the lady who makes them available for us! My body is so much happier than using painful menstrual cups. Will be using sponges forever now.15/03/2019, By AlleyahI'm absolutely disgusted with how my order arrived today.
I ordered 2 packs of sponges which should each contain 1 large and 1 small sponge.
The box arrived still properly sealed but upon opening it, both sponge pkts were unsealed and 1 pkt only contained 1 tiny sponge and no large sponge. In fact, the pkt was open so the small sponge was laying outside the packet!
This is the most disgusting service I have ever received and I am speechless. How can you package open items which don't even contain the products ordered and send it out to a paying customer?
15/02/2019, By nicolerabieNon-irritating. Doesn't leak. Easy to clean.08/01/2019, By MeganThis product has been an absolute game changer for me... THANK YOU to the lovely lady who produces them xoxo12/07/2018, By ElaineI have used a cup for years and tried these sponges as a plan B for the cup. They are extremely comfortable and super absorbent and have not leaked at all. They are fab for use at home however I dont find them very convenient if I'm out all day long due to the emptying/cleaning aspect.16/05/2018, By HildaI'm 50 years old still get my menses and since starting to use the sponges have gotten less cramps, and much easier bleeding every month. Would recommend them, good for your body and the planet14/02/2018, By NatashaGreat product! Absolutely no issues, no leaks, it's comfortable, super easy to use. Just a great product07/06/2017, By CatelinThese are great but I read a lot of articles about them post use and won't be using them again, seems they can be rather dangerous for you.16/02/2016, By SamanthaThese are really wonderful! They are comfortable, easy to use and good for our planet!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.