Calcium: Essential for building bones and teeth; the digestion of protein and fats;, energy production, nerve transmission and neuro-muscular activity.
Key benefits of calcium:
- Protects against osteoporosis (reduced bone mass, brittle bones)
- Helps to lower high blood pressure & reduce the risk of stroke
- Supports healthy colon cells by lowering free fatty acid concentrations
- Helps to reduce PMS symptoms
Did You Know? Calcium is the mineral found in most abundance in the body; in fact it contributes to between 1.5 and 2% of your total body weight! More than 99% of the body’s calcium is found in your bones.
Magnesium: Your body needs magnesium for cellular reproduction, protein formation and energy production. Magnesium is mostly stored in the bones, while the rest is stored in metabolically active tissues (brain, heart, muscles, liver, kidneys).
Key benefits of magnesium:
- Like calcium, helps to treat & prevent osteoporosis
- Magnesium is required for an enzyme that converts vitamin D its most active form
- Helps to relieve fatigue (many people with chronic fatigue syndrome have been found to have low magnesium levels)
- Helps to relieve muscles pains & cramps
- Eases migraines & tension headaches
Zinc: Zinc is needed for the proper action of insulin, growth hormones and sex hormones. Zinc is found in every cell in the body, primarily stored in muscle and highly concentrated in red and white blood cells.
Key benefits of zinc:
- Supports the immune system
- Promotes bone health
- Reduces rheumatoid arthritis
- Supports healthy male hormone metabolism, sperm formation & sperm motility
- Boosts collagen production
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Improves the body’s absorption of calcium
- Increases the absorption of minerals in the stomach (a chelation agent)
- Helps to fight fatigue & relax the muscles
- Vitamin D is required for effective absorption of calcium. Daily exposure to sunshine, regular exercise and a multi-nutrient formula containing vitamin D and other synergistic nutrients is suggested for optimum bone protection.
- Calcium, in either food or supplemental form, has been shown to inhibit iron absorption by 49-62% when ingested together with iron.
- Caffeine increases urinary output of calcium. It’s better to take a calcium supplement with a glass of fresh juice instead of coffee or tea.
Adults: Take 1tsp daily with water or fruit juice.
Patients with hyperparathyroidism, severe heart disease or cancer should consult their physician before introducing calcium/magnesium supplementation.
1 level teaspoon (approx. 3.5g) provides:
- Calcium (carbonate, citrate) 400mg
- Magnesium (oxide, citrate) 300mg
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 500mg
- Zinc (citrate) 10mg
- In a base of malic acid 973mg
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.