Calcium: Essential for building bones and teeth; the digestion of protein and fats;, energy production, nerve transmission and neuro-muscular activity.
Key benefits of calcium:
- Protects against osteoporosis (reduced bone mass, brittle bones)
- Helps to lower high blood pressure & reduce the risk of stroke
- Supports healthy colon cells by lowering free fatty acid concentrations
- Helps to reduce PMS symptoms
Did You Know? Calcium is the mineral found in most abundance in the body; in fact it contributes to between 1.5 and 2% of your total body weight! More than 99% of the body’s calcium is found in your bones.
Magnesium: Your body needs magnesium for cellular reproduction, protein formation and energy production. Magnesium is mostly stored in the bones, while the rest is stored in metabolically active tissues (brain, heart, muscles, liver, kidneys).
Key benefits of magnesium:
- Like calcium, helps to treat & prevent osteoporosis
- Magnesium is required for an enzyme that converts vitamin D its most active form
- Helps to relieve fatigue (many people with chronic fatigue syndrome have been found to have low magnesium levels)
- Helps to relieve muscles pains & cramps
- Eases migraines & tension headaches
Zinc: Zinc is needed for the proper action of insulin, growth hormones and sex hormones. Zinc is found in every cell in the body, primarily stored in muscle and highly concentrated in red and white blood cells.
Key benefits of zinc:
- Supports the immune system
- Promotes bone health
- Reduces rheumatoid arthritis
- Supports healthy male hormone metabolism, sperm formation & sperm motility
- Boosts collagen production
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Improves the body’s absorption of calcium
- Increases the absorption of minerals in the stomach (a chelation agent)
- Helps to fight fatigue & relax the muscles
- Vitamin D is required for effective absorption of calcium. Daily exposure to sunshine, regular exercise and a multi-nutrient formula containing vitamin D and other synergistic nutrients is suggested for optimum bone protection.
- Calcium, in either food or supplemental form, has been shown to inhibit iron absorption by 49-62% when ingested together with iron.
- Caffeine increases urinary output of calcium. It’s better to take a calcium supplement with a glass of fresh juice instead of coffee or tea.
Adults: Take 1tsp daily with water or fruit juice.
Patients with hyperparathyroidism, severe heart disease or cancer should consult their physician before introducing calcium/magnesium supplementation.
1 level teaspoon (approx. 3.5g) provides:
- Calcium (carbonate, citrate) 400mg
- Magnesium (oxide, citrate) 300mg
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 500mg
- Zinc (citrate) 10mg
- In a base of malic acid 973mg
17 out of 17 people would recommend this product13/11/2020, By BeyTastes like Pizza Hut13/11/2020, By Nle choppaIt's fascinating26/10/2020, By RonelGreat stuff26/10/2020, By AngieGreat product23/10/2020, By NataschaI didn't notice an improvement, and I just couldn't get used to the odd taste and sensation.10/09/2020, By ShreeI love this supplement. I've been using it for a while and notice a difference in terms of my hair, skin, and nails. I also love that it is in a powder form, because I struggle with taking large pills23/08/2020, By SimoneTastes nice, easy to drink. Would recommend for people who struggle with tablets.26/07/2020, By HeellayahGood quality but too pricey, and quantity is very small.11/05/2020, By Sandesh Elainereally good for pain and cramps12/04/2020, By Marihangood product11/02/2020, By FairyI get agitated pains in my legs - almost like growing pains and the mag/calcium in this product has helped tremendously. My skin also looks 1000 times better. I love that its natural and doesn't use palm oil.05/09/2019, By MoiraI am not a fan of taking tablets, especially massive, chalky calcium ones! This is a super product loaded with all the good stuff and doesn't taste bad at all. Very grateful to get my minerals in this way with some malic acid as an extra. I am a long distance runner and this helps my body cope with the demands of the sport.15/07/2019, By NomvulaEasy way to imbibe the minerals I know I need.05/09/2018, By DeidreI've only been using for 3 weeks, maybe too soon to talk about results, but it is easy to drink. Doesn't have a bad taste and has a little fizz when mixed with a small amount of water.13/01/2018, By MeaganI have always struggled to take calcium suppliment the pills are too big or the powder just tastes unbareable this is by far the easiest and less foul tasting option. I would certainly recomending this to anyone.18/11/2017, By FionnaIt's a great way to get all three minerals in one shot. It has vitamin C added so it's best to take this in the morning. You need to dilute it in a little water and it has a fizzy, acidic taste.16/06/2017, By KSGreat combination of the three minerals, from a good brand.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.