- Haricot Beans (also referred to as Navy Beans) are buttery textured beans that are mild in flavour making them very versatile in any vegan or vegetarian dish
- Product of China, packed in South Africa
- They are a great source of protein and iron but contain no cholesterol and virtually no fat
- High in fibre to aid in digestion and maintain digestive health
- Rich in calcium and magnesium crucial for healthy bones
- High in folate to help bodies generate new cells and aid in healthy pregnancy
- Rich in phosphorus that detoxes the body and maintains bone and dental health
- High in Thiamine (B1), essential in converting food into fuel and maintaining proper heart and nerve functionalities
- Cooking beans from dry (rather than using canned) allows you to have a better control over the preparation of the beans, like staying away from nasty additives, often making it the healthiest choice
How to Use
- Soak overnight: rinse and cover with water in a non-metal container. Leave to stand for 12 hours.
- Quick soak: cover Haricot beans with water (about 2cm above the beans), microwave for 3 minutes on high and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cooking method: rinse well, cover with generous amount of water and simmer gently for 1 ½ hours until done.
- Cooking tip: only mix in salt and vegetables when the beans begin to soften.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.