Silk used in SilkLady pillowcases comes from the moth Bombyx Mori, which produces the finest and purest silk. It is fed only chopped mulberry leaves and lives in an area free of pollution for 3 kilometers. SilkLady silk is strictly chemical-free, from the raw material, through the entire production process.
To get the highest quality, many different silks were tested. Eventually a unique formulation, free of chemicals was settled on. The result is an incredibly smooth and soft fabric, which is 100% free of any artificial softeners, bleaches and dyes. SilkLady finish off their silk pillowcases with traditional French seams, sewn by professional seamstresses to ensure cases do not fray.
This is a luxury product of exceptional quality, not a mass-produced item. SilkLady pillowcases are stunning to look at, blissful to sleep on and will make a worthy, long-term contribution to your skincare regime. SilkLady is a proudly South African company - their silk is exclusively imported and locally manufactured and packaged.
Momme weight is the way silk quality is measured, as silk is so fine that thread count is not a good way to judge. Momme measures the weight of 100 yards of silk that is 45 inches wide. Momme weight can vary from 6 up to 30 and silk with a momme of 19 is considered the best for bedding as it provides the best balance of strength and aesthetics.
Available in three sizes:
- Travel - 30cm x 40cm
- Standard - 45cm x 70cm
- King - 50cm x 90cm
- Prevents facial skin from creasing
- Maintains hydration
- Keeps your skin-care product on your skin
- Eliminates sleep wrinkles
- Prevents hair from frizzing and split ends
- Reduces the loss of natural hair oils and moisture
- Minimizes damage to thinning of hair
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Repels dust-mites
- Always take off your make-up and mascara before you go to bed. Not only would your skin benefit by being able to breath, rest and recover, but your white silk pillowcase would not stain. Do not bleach.
- For best results, hand wash your pillowcase inside out in a normal temperature of cold water, using a mild neutral detergent.
- Most modern washing machines have a gentle silk or wool cycle, so you can confidently wash it at 30°C. Place the pillowcase in a laundry bag before placing it in the washing machine. Wash separately from colours.
- Avoid tumble-drying and direct sunlight. When 80-90% dry, iron inside out using a low or silk setting.
- Do not use Cotton cycle on your washing machine at 40°C. This will cause the loss of softness.
- When rinsing, add a small spoon of vinegar, it will prevent the silk from stiffening, and it will keep it soft and bright in colour.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.