- Indigenous African staple food
- Whole tigernuts, milled into a fine powder
- Used in Ayurvedic practise as a libido enhancer in men and women
- Suitable for paleo dieters
- Naturally gluten-free
- Very high in fibre
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Tigernut Shortcake Biscuits Recipe:
What you’ll need:
- 75 grams organic coconut oil
- 150 grams tigernut flour
- 50 grams Superfood Mix (chia seeds, goji berries, hemp hearts)
- ½ teaspoon preferred superfood powder (baobab, maca, cacao)
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons nut milk or water
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Mix ingredients together, adding nut milk a little at a time until dough is pliable.
- Press onto a board.
- Cover with greaseproof/ wax paper and roll out until approximately 2 cm thick.
- Cut out shapes, place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 160°C for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Did you know? Tigernuts (also known as chufa) are not nuts! The “nuts” themselves are actually the tubers (roots) of the plant.
- Nett Weight: 500 g
- Servings Per Pack: ~5
- Whole Tigernuts (Cyperus esculentus; Milled).
- *Organic - Agriculture ecologica (certified at source)
Typical Nutritional Information: (per 100 gram serving)
- Calories: 435
- Protein (g): 4,9
- Carbohydrate (g): 39,2
- of which Total Sugar (g): 15,5
- Total Fat (g): 23,6
- of which Saturated Fat (g): 4,8
- Cholesterol (mg): 0
- Dietary Fibre (g): 23,3
- Sodium (mg): 15
Allergen Notice: This product is packaged in a facility that uses tree nuts and gluten.
Country of Origin:
- Product of Nigeria or Spain.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.