Earth Products Organic Chickpeas are grown without the use of harsh chemical pesticides, and packaged without any preservatives, colours or additives.
- Packed with protein, the perfect plant-based source for vegans or vegetarians
- Good source of dietary fibre and very filling; ideal for sustainable weight control
- High iron content; helps to combat and prevent anaemia
- Source of essential minerals like zinc, copper and magnesium
Did You Know? Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans.
Recipe for Homemade Hummus:
- 2 cups Earth Products Chickpeas
- 2tsp salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 3tbsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- Soak chickpeas in a bowl of water, in the fridge overnight.
- Drain the chickpeas and bring to the boil in a pot of water, with the salt and baking soda.
- Lower the heat and cook for 60 minutes until soft. Drain the chickpeas and leave to cool.
- Mix cooked chickpeas in a blender with the lemon juice, tahini and garlic. Add the water slowly to the mixture during blending, until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of cumin. Serve with pita bread or hummus. Makes 4 – 6 cups.
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product14/08/2015, By ZonelleI recently got into sprouting seeds for salads, stir-frys, soups, etc. and decided to try using these in stead of buying the specialized sprouting seeds which is a little more expensive. They sprouted perfectly and is oh so nutritious.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.