- Weight control: kelp is a rich source of iodine which assists with thyroid function, helping to reduce cravings and manage weight
- Hypothyroidism: brown seaweed (the type used for this supplement) has been used for treating goitre for many years
- Detoxification: alginic acid, a complex polysaccharide found in Ascophyllum, passes through the body undigested, attracts and binds heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury (e.g. from amalgam fillings), and radioactive substances such as Strontium 90. Due to the alkalinity of seaweed, it can help to balance out the typically hyper-acidic Western diet.
- Cardiovascular support: kelp contains furosemide rich polysaccharides which have been shown to exert anticoagulant and anti-thrombotic effects, enhancing the clearance of fatty substances from blood vessels. Kelp is also rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium, all heart protecting nutrients
- Immune function: alginic acid appears to stimulate the body’s immune system and has been shown to inhibit certain bacterial infections by aiding the production of a special type of white blood cell, known as the monocyte. Fucoidan, a polysaccharide fraction, has been shown to be effective in slowing or stopping growth of tumour cells and has also been found to inhibit chemical carcinogenesis. The antioxidant protection offered by the carotenoids present in seaweed along with the wide range of nutrients and complex polysaccharides are likely to exert synergistic effects in maintaining cellular integrity. Seaweed exerts anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti- fungal effects
Did you know? Harvesting of brown kelp is carried out by paddlewheel driven harvesters, and is cut (not dredged) above the seabed. Only the fresh kelp plants floating up to surface are picked up. This method is environmentally sustainable and ensures that only fresh seaweed free from contamination is used as raw material in the product.
- As a food supplement, take one to three capsules daily with water, or as directed by your healthcare professional
- 1 capsule provides 420ug of iodine
- Capsules can be opened and sprinkled over food as a natural salt replacement
- Known contraindications: Not recommended alongside conventional anti-coagulants. Individuals with hyperthyroidism or auto- immune thyroid disorders should consult their GP before using Kelp.
- Interactions: It is known that selenium is required for enzyme activation and the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to T3.
- Safety: No adverse effects of iodine intakes of up to 2mg (2000ug) / day have been reported.
- Pregnancy and Lactation: The safety of kelp during pregnancy and lactation is unknown at this time
Ascophyllum Kelp (organic)
8 out of 8 people would recommend this product17/02/2021, By AshinaCan feel the effect immediately. I have extreme hashis and am always tired. Working nights .. I no longer struggle24/01/2021, By JaneOrganic and you get the iodine you need , plus more !20/08/2020, By CindyGreat product and even better that there's no nasties!04/06/2020, By AnonymousI absolutely love this brand although this time I was disappointed that I did not receive the 600mg organic kelp that I ordered instead I got a 286mg with only 200ug.11/05/2020, By Sandesh Elainelove22/11/2018, By SamAmazing health supplement22/11/2018, By Organic_loveGooway to get Iodine in.05/07/2017, By SophiaOrganic Kelp. The key word is ORGANIC. All to benefits of Kelp without the poisoning of pesticides, herbicides, preservatives and chemicals.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.