High Potency Vitamin B12 : (Methylcobalamin & Adenosylcobalamin)
- Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, obtained through the diet in animal food sources such as meat, dairy, eggs and fish in the diet. Evidence suggests Vitamin B12 plays a critical role in improving mood, energy levels, cognitive function, and neuropathy.
- B12 has also been linked to coenzyme-Q10 (ubiquinone) biosynthesis and folate metabolism, suggesting a crucial role in coordinating cellular metabolism (3).
Vitamin B12 plays an essential role in DNA synthesis, transfer of methyl groups and fatty acid metabolism (2), which are necessary for multiple processes in the body:
- Red blood cell production
- Brain development
- Production of neurotransmitters
- Maintaining healthy nerve cells
- Immune functioning
- Those following a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, the elderly, those taking diabetic medication, neuropathy, fatigue, cognition and mood.
- Generally considered safe and well tolerated.
- Not recommended during pregnancy or lactation
- Folic acid may mask B12 deficiency (25).
- Those on anti-diabetic drugs such as Metformin should supplement with B12 and folic acid (26).
- Contraceptive drugs can deplete B12 levels (this may be only in older, higher dose OCP).
Contraindications: None known.
- 30 Vegetarian Capsules
Ingredients Per Capsule:
- Methylcobalamin 500ug, Adenocyanocobalamin 500ug, alfalfa, spirulina and bilberry
9 out of 9 people would recommend this product16/12/2018, By Vitamin b 12Works well no complaints.01/12/2018, By KeoMy moid has gotten better and I'm not has forgetful.03/10/2018, By ElizabethContains natural b12 (methylcobalamin) and not synthetic toxic by-product creating b12 (cyanocobalamin) which is important to me. I see the effects on my mood, skin, nails, energy levels within days of taking it.09/08/2018, By JubiejoooBest quality b12 supplement. I'm vegan, and take this only once or twice a week. I had my bloods done and my b12 level was 525.5 pmol/l (considering 698 pmol/l is the highest) my b12 level was on the high side, and it was 5 days after taking this supplement. You don't need to take it everyday. It works very well.08/08/2018, By HeleneFelt a difference from day 1 of using this product08/08/2018, By BellaA very comprehensive B-Vitamin supplement.16/03/2018, By NathalieI have been buying this on and off for some time now and can actually feel a difference when I use it or not!07/02/2018, By KarenThis is a super B12 supplement15/12/2014, By EloiseVery good product, all natural and cruelty free!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.