The Reel Gardening Bee Food Spring kit includes:
These plants provide a great natural source of nourishment for local bees during spring and summer.
What makes the Reel Gardening system so special?
- Takes the fuss & guesswork out of gardening
- Contains top quality seeds & natural fertiliser
- Extremely water-wise; saves up to 80% water use during germination
- Very quick & easy to plant
- Great for family gardening projects with the kids
- Keeps seeds in place at the correct distance apart
- Protects the seeds from pests
- Prevents birds from eating the seeds out of the soil
- Handmade by previously unemployed women in South Africa
- Created by a young South African, winner of Woman in Water for Scientific Research & United Nations Environmental SEED award
- Turn the soil to allow for root growth; add your own compost or fertiliser if necessary
- Make a furrow in the ground & plant your Reel Gardening strip up to the white line
- Place the strip vertically in the soil, with the coloured portion visible above the soil
- Pat down the soil around your strip to secure it in place
- Water daily until the plants germinate, from then on water every second or third day
- Unplanted product will keep for 18 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
- Bee Food (Spring): Beans, Basil & Nasturtium seeds
- Dimensions: 9 x 3.9 x 14cm
- Seeds & nutrients in plantable, biodegradable paper tape
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
17 out of 18 people would recommend this product29/08/2020, By LaurenBought a few different varieties of these as a birthday gift for a little eco-warrior and he LOVED THEM! Cute packaging, fun activity and a sweet way of learning how to grow your own food.06/05/2020, By RaynieJLovely idea, concept and packaging!04/05/2020, By CaraYay for saving the bees and growing some lovely plants that both you and the bees can benefit from. Nay for the very little amount of seeds stuck in between the paper. This was my first paper tape seeds that I have purchased. Honestly, I'd stick to seeds in packets, as they contain way more seeds and way less packaging.14/04/2020, By LouGreat quality and even better for the environment.02/04/2020, By WinnerGood mix of vegetables28/03/2020, By GreenGood learning experience14/02/2020, By TylerI have repurchased these, my chilli from the garden in box is thriving. Now I am planting for the bees!17/01/2020, By SupportWell done23/09/2019, By JohannesGreat concept! No as many seeds I would have thought but very cleverly package to help you start!23/09/2019, By CharityA long time favourite and something that I can't be without! Great for the body and really helps you feel better!05/09/2019, By LolaI love this concept, cant wait to plant them!04/09/2019, By OwenMy child enjoyed planting the seeds for spring day.22/02/2019, By JessI am a newbie gardener and everything grew first time.. I'm feeding the bees, YAY!07/02/2019, By MeghanSo I thought this was a bigger type bow (sprout seeds in box) but this is a fault on my side. I love the pamphlet with all the needed information for growing/planting.07/02/2019, By GavinI have about a 50/50 success rate with these. Sometimes nothings grows or the plants die after about a month. Other times I have ended up with massive plants that take over the planting area.
When they do grow I do see an increase in pollinating insects.19/01/2019, By GabriellaSuch a fantastic concept and product! Very easy to plant and grow, even for a complete beginner gardener. Always good to do our part for the bees!17/01/2019, By StephanieEasy, simple and effective! Bees and bugs galore now :)09/03/2018, By KarThere are less seeds than I expected, but all in all I think its very cute and clever, nice for a small present. Im not a great gardener but proud to say my babies are growing up so fast!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.