- Fine cake flour made from organic, wholegrain spelt
- Packaged in recyclable kraft paper bags
- ÖKO certified organic
- Lower in gluten
- Sugar free
- Dairy free
- Local is lekker
Ancient Grain Spotlight:
- Spelt is a rich, plant-based source of niacin, which helps to reduce low-density (bad) cholesterol, and helps to improve high-density (good) cholesterol.
How to make buttermilk rusks with spelt flour:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Sift 1 kg of Organic Spelt Cake Flour, with 1 heaped teaspoon salt, 12 teaspoons of baking soda, and 250 grams of sugar.
- Melt 250 grams of unsalted butter, and 250 mls of buttermilk in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Whisk 3 large, free-range eggs in a bowl.
- Mix the whisked eggs into your melted butter, and buttermilk after removing from the heat.
- Add the wet Ingredients to your dry ingredients, and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into balls, and arrange them in greased loaf trays.
- Bake until light brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and leave to cool for a few minutes before removing from the trays.
- Empty the loaf trays out onto your wire racks to cool.
- Separate the individual rusks with a serrated bread knife before arranging on a separate baking pan.
- Dry the rusks out completely in the oven (set to 100°C).
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Nett Weight: 1 kg
- Certified Organic Wholegrain Spelt.
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa.
16 out of 16 people would recommend this product31/08/2021, By TanI’m so glad I bought this. I’ve been baking with it and making pancakes with it and I just love it12/05/2021, By RienksAbsolutely a great product. The package is recyclable and this is healthy tasty flour !!06/03/2021, By AmberGreat product - the best in SA!07/02/2021, By LindaGood stuff13/01/2021, By LindsayThis is the softest flour I've ever used. its organic and everything about it is perfect.26/11/2020, By gillianLove baking with spelt flour09/10/2020, By NettieI have used spelt flour for years. So happy to have found some reasonably priced spelt flour in RSA, usually my children bring it from Germany.26/08/2020, By gillianMade some awesome scones - were delicious25/05/2020, By RockNutritional05/05/2020, By TiaVery impressed with this flour06/03/2020, By JianineI used this to make a carrot cake, and as a pastry topping for a meat pie, and was quite impressed with the results. It's a good alternative for wheat flour, although a bit pricey.20/02/2020, By BethLove baking cookies with spelt20/02/2020, By LaurenLove this ancient grain. Makes healthy cooking easy08/01/2020, By LiezlI consider this is a value for money purchase for wheat sensitive foodies. I have used this with success as a substitute for cake wheat flour in many baked goods such as dessert and rusks, also including bread machine recipes. Also found this to be the perfect substitute for soup packets and stock powder (just add spices). My husband is wheat intolerant, and spelt cake flour doesn't affect him at all.20/10/2019, By CarynThis is a great product and I use it as a replacement to regular flour. The end result is always perfectly baked goods without the wheat!07/10/2019, By NtuthukoSpelt is better than normal flour
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.