- Pumpkin seeds contain about 559 calories per 100 g.
- Filled with lots of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper.
- A good source of vitamin K.
- Contain phytosterols, compounds that that have been shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Contain L-tryptophan, which helps with good sleep and lowering depression. Tryptophan is converted into serotonin and niacin. Serotonin is also very helpful in helping us to have a good night’s sleep.
- High in zinc, making them a natural protector against osteoporosis. Low intake of zinc is linked to higher rates of osteoporosis.
- A good source vitamin E; they contain about 35.10 mg of tocopherol per 100 g.
- The most alkaline-forming seed.
- An excellent source of vitamin B group (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) and folates).
- Contain good quality protein. 100 g seeds provide 30 g.
- According to studies, pumpkin seeds prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
- Reduce inflammation for arthritis without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Used in many cultures as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites.
- Good for prostate health! The oil in pumpkin seeds alleviates difficult urination that happens with an enlarged prostate.
Did You Know? The nutrition in pumpkin seeds improves with age; they are among the few foods that increase in nutritive value as they decompose. According to tests made at the Massachusetts Experimental Station, squash and pumpkin seeds stored for more than five months show a marked increase in protein content.
*Certified organic at source
7 out of 9 people would recommend this product03/01/2019, By Williamgood for my smoothie27/10/2018, By Louwonderful seeds, we use them in our raw basil pesto and
coleslaw salads, and many other ways too11/09/2018, By RebeccaLove adding this to homemade trail mix and good value for money!04/09/2018, By LeeGood quality and delicious, nothing compared to commercially bought products.02/01/2018, By NVGood as always.29/06/2017, By CatI was a bit disappointed by these. Very small, inconsistent quality, very dusty and some seeds seems to be a little rotten.Quality Checks should be conducted before dispatching products. Also not prepared to buy more products just so those seeds can be 'replaced'. Really disappointed.06/06/2017, By SallySeeds looked powdery and mouldy. Sent it for a friend and was really embarrassed.20/11/2014, By MarianRecommended.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.