- Pure organic vanilla spice
- Cultivated and harvested in Madagascar’s north-east region
- Contains no vanillin (artificial vanilla flavour)
- No preservatives, additives or pesticides
- USDA certified
- Handy adjustable grinder for easy use
Did You Know? Vanilla is the second-most expensive and precious spice in the world, after saffron. That’s because vanilla crops have to be pollinated by hand.
Khoisan runs one of the biggest organic operations in Madagascar; the Bourbon vanilla is carefully cultivated and harvested before being fermented, dried and shipped to Cape Town.
Recipe for Simple Vanilla Sauce:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch; blend well.
- Boil water in a saucepan and stir in the sugar and cornstarch mix.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and mix in butter, vanilla and salt, stirring until the batter melts.
- Spoon over your favourite ice cream or dessert; makes approx. ¾ cup of sauce.
Dried pieces, 100% organic Bourbon Vanilla
2 out of 3 people would recommend this product23/10/2014, By AyandaI have never tasted real vanilla pods in my life, until I bought this Vanilla Grinder. And honestly, verses the other vanilla packages being sold on FTN, I would recommend this vanilla product. Its cheaper in the long run. AND ITS ORGANIC!
I over use it in my smoothies... But I love it. This IS IT08/10/2014, By LuisaI love using this grinder to add this extra bit of taste to my muesli or oats in the morning and as a convenient means to add vanilla flavour into my baking!28/09/2014, By AldeSmells to much like the pod - overbearing the vanilla smell, sorry!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.