- Traditional Japanese style of composting, using anaerobic fermentation
- Speeds up the natural composting process
- Provides nutrient-rich plant-food for your bonsais, flowers, and other potted plants
- Can be used with any of your existing composting bins
- Recycles all food waste, both raw & cooked food
- No nasty smells, can be kept in your kitchen
- Best used with Green Vizion’s Food Waste Recyclers
- Add your food waste to the first recycle bin/composter and sprinkle a generous handful of Bokashi on top of the food waste.
- Alternative this each time to form layers.
- Keep the recycle bin in your kitchen and make sure the lids properly closed and airtight at all times.
- Regularly drain off the nutrient rich tea/leachate.
- Dilute this tea in water (1 part tea to 100 parts water), and water your plants or use neat to keep drains clean.
- Once the recycle bin is full, start using your second recycle bin or composter.
- Store the full bun in a convenient place indoors out of direct sunlight and regularly drain off nutrient rich bokashi tea and use as needed.
- After 2 weeks, empty the recycle bin or composter and add to your garden compost, or dig into the soil.
- You can create your own enriched soil this way.
- You can never add too much Bokashi.
- Only add fresh food waste to your bin.
- Never add rotten, or mouldy waste.
- Break, or chop large waste into smaller pieces.
- The less air that comes into contact with the waste, the better.
- Always close the lid tightly.
- Do not add water or excessive amounts of fluids.
- Do not place the bin in the sun.
- Appearance of a white growth on the surface of the waste, as well as the presence of a sweet & sour “pickled” smell are good signs.
- If foul odour occurs, this indicates decay (bad). Add significant amounts of boashi to try and reverse the process or discard the contents of the bin, and start again.
- Store at room temperature, in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Available In: 1 kg, and 2 kg.
- Wheat Bran, Water, Probiotic Microbes, Molasses, Salt, Mineral Powder.
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South African.
27 out of 27 people would recommend this product06/08/2020, By NicolaA good substitute for another popular brand.15/07/2020, By MarieA handful in the bottom of the general waste bin also helps to absorb odors.17/06/2020, By RebeccaWorks great, and comes in paper packaging :)14/06/2020, By MadelynMakes fantastic compost08/06/2020, By GoodnessThe gardener is thrilled with this28/05/2020, By RockHelps spot in gardening08/05/2020, By RealGardener loves this01/05/2020, By AWorks so well. Making my plants happy happy happy.27/04/2020, By HappyMakes the garden active27/04/2020, By CandyGood gardening07/04/2020, By LaurenFantastic range01/04/2020, By WinnerTop of the range28/03/2020, By GreenNice26/03/2020, By JoGreat Bokashi bran. Exactly what it says on the bag.09/03/2020, By CatherineA great plastic free addition to the shopping cart.15/01/2020, By SupportGarden good07/01/2020, By AnelI've been using this for a while now. It works better than the other bokashi products IMO, and it comes in a paper bag, not plastic.05/11/2019, By JanetGreat value. Has quite a strong smell that comes through the paper packaging so just be sure to store it in an airtight container.20/10/2019, By CindyI love that it comes in a paper bag. The smell and consistency are great too!18/10/2019, By MinkhensoI bought the 2kg great value for money.11/10/2019, By PapionTLKIt has a nice earthy smell. Love it. The paper bag is a huge plus point. Would definitely use this product again and again.12/09/2019, By VI love the fact that the packaging is paper! The bran works perfectly. No bad odours.17/08/2019, By DanGreat that the packaging is paper. Works really well!25/07/2019, By Carleethis bokashi bran works so well and the best part is that the packaging is paper and can easily be recycled. It lasts long as well!11/05/2019, By MichaelaBrilliant product! No smell and easy peasy to use03/05/2019, By RoxanneWorth it. No mess. No smell. My previous compost heap was a disaster and smelt soooo bad.03/05/2019, By RoxanneThis is the 3rd bin I have purchased. (I gave 2 away as gifts). Everyone has been happy so far, so I purchased one for myself. I have been using the product for a month now and it says to regularly drain off nutrient rich Bokashi tea, however I have not had any tea yet. I hope that I am using it correctly. The actual Bokashi Probiotic has an interesting smell, so I keep it in the garage. And the food waste has zero bad odour (Sweet Fermented Smell) so I am happy.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.