- A protein-rich meat alternative
- Derived from organic soya beans
- No added flavourings or colours
- Parev Kosher
- Source of dietary fibre
- Contains iron, magnesium, potassium & manganese
- Source of vitamins E, K, B6 & folate
- Add 1 cup boiling water or stock to 1 cup soya mince.
- Cover & leave to stand for 10 min.
- Drain before use, or add directly to soup & stew.
Recipe for Spicy Soya Mince Curry:
- 175g Health Connection Organic GMO-Free Soya Mince
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½Tbsp ground cumin
- 250ml hot water
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large frying pan; add the cardamom & bay leaves.
- When the mixture starts to sizzle, add the onions, chillies & garlic; fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya mince & fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, tomato puree, paprika & cumin; fry for a minute.
- Add the hot water & simmer for 7-9 minutes, until the curry has thickened.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with basmati rice.
Organic soya beans
Packed in a warehouse where peanuts and tree nuts are present
Typical Nutritional Information (per 50g):
- Energy: 731kJ
- Protein: 22.3g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: 8g
- of which total sugar: 5g
- Total fat: 3.7g
- of which saturated fat: 0.5g
- Dietary fibre: 10.4g
- Total sodium: 4mg
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
More like soya chunks
27 Jul, 2016, By Jessica
Great taste, texture and nutritional profile at a great price but definitely not soya mince, more like chunks. The size is best for stews and not really for cottage pies or bolognaise. In the end I placed the dry chunks in my nutribullet for a few seconds to break them up so that they could be used as a mince substitute. Worked fine but too much extra work.
13 Jul, 2016, By Diane
Small chunks better describes this product. Purchased to make cottage pie but had to scrub round this and buy different brand of soy mince. Used it subsequently and it was great but just not mince in size.