What nutritional goodness does flax meal offer you?
- Rich in fibre, promotes healthy digestion & keeps you regular
- A complete protein source, containing all essential amino acids
- Source of omega-3 fatty acid; a great anti-inflammatory that promotes heart health & brain health
- A good source of lignans, plant oestrogens which help with hormonal balance
Adding more flax to your diet helps to keep cholesterol, blood pressure and blood glucose levels in check.
Recipe for Flax Meal Microwave Breakfast Pudding:
A quick and easy recipe for cold mornings!
- ¼ cup Health Connection Flaxseed Powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- Honey or agave to taste
- Handful of fresh or frozen berries & nuts
- Mix the flax powder, egg & water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for approx. 45 seconds.
- Mix in the berries & nuts; a spoonful of peanut butter makes a great addition too.
- Microwave for 45-60 more seconds.
- Stir & enjoy!
Packed in a warehouse where peanuts and tree nuts are present.
Nutritional Information (per 1Tbsp serving):
- Energy: 111kJ
- Protein: 2.9g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: <1g
- Of which total sugar: 0.1g
- Total fat: 1g
- Of which saturated fat: 0.1g
- Of which omega-3 fatty acids: 540mg
- Dietary fibre: 2.5g
- Total sodium: 3mg
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
A must have
29 Oct, 2015, By Annelize
Great product at a good price. Great source of protein and some good fats, a must to any breakfast porridge.