Key features of your seed slab:
- Enriched with organic nutrients
- Made with 100% natural recycled materials
- Fully biodegradable
- Retain more moisture than ordinary soil
- Simple planting instructions are included
- Seeds are open pollinated heirlooms, ensuring great quality, nutritious edible plants
These heirloom seeds are healthier and more sustainable than conventional hybrid seeds.
- Large & juicy
- Distinctive heart shape
- Solid, “meaty” flesh with few seeds
- Can grow up to 250g each!
- Best season for sowing: Spring, early Summer
- Light needed: Full sun
- Harvest: 9-13 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 12 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Asparagus, beans, celery, mint, basil, garlic, lettuce, onions, peppers, carrots
Recipe for Stuffed Oxheart Tomatoes:
- 4 large Oxheart tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup dry quinoa
- ¼ cup diced feta
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Handful fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the stock to boiling point & add the quinoa. Reduce heat to low & cover.
- Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes & gently hollow them out.
- Fluff the cooled quinoa with a fork; mix in the feta, bell pepper, olives, garlic, mint, lemon jucie & olive oil. Season to taste.
- Gently stuff the mixture into the tomatoes. Garnish with fresh mint & enjoy.
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block in the slab is sown with a tomato seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Easy and fun
26 Mar, 2016, By Lalli
My three year old loved planting them