- Colour: Black
- Rich, permanent colour that covers greys in one application
- When correctly diluted, all the chemical ingredients together comprise a maximum of only 2% of the total.
- Henna, Rose Petal Powder, Amla, Bhringraj and Shikakai are all natural and especially chosen for their beneficial effect on hair, such as thickening, strengthening and also combatting dandruff
- Contains PPD (para-phenylenediamine), so please do an allergy patch test
- Does not contain any ammonia or resorcinol
- No bleaches, will not lighten hair
- Comes with an extra 10ml of organic, extra-virgin coconut oil to nourish your hair after you’ve dyed it
- Nitrile application gloves so you won’t get stains on your hands or fingernails
Important: do a strand test before dyeing your whole head and be sure to wear gloves as the dye will permanently stain your finger nails
Wait at least 1 month before using Love My Hair Ultra on previously dyed hair and vice versa. You must do a skin patch test before using this product to determine whether or not you are allergic to any of the ingredients. You must also do a strand test before dyeing all your hair, especially if you have bleached, permed or straightened your hair (these treatments damage hair structure and this can affect the efficacy of the dye).
- Apply to freshly washed, dry hair
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon/spatula to mix the dye
- Slowly pour 300-350ml warm water to the dye powder and mix to a smooth consistency similar to that of thick custard
- If the dye becomes lumpy put on the gloves and mix by hand
- Cover your shoulders with a towel and put on the gloves
- Apply dye to your hair in sections using your fingers, starting at the roots and working your way to the ends. Using a brush won’t apply the dye thickly enough
- Apply in a thick layer, especially on roots and grey areas
- Then pile your hair on top of your head and wipe any dye off your ears and hairline
- Cover your head with cling-wrap and wrap a towel around your head. The cling wrap will create warmth and ensure the dye is packed firmly onto your roots.
- Leave the dye on for 30 - 50 minutes but no longer than 50 minutes. The longer you leave the dye on the deeper the final colour
- Rinse your hair thoroughly until the water runs clear
- Shampoo and condition your hair. Avoid using products with essential oils yet as this can interfere with the newly developed dye
If your hair feels dry after using Love My Hair Ultra, wait one or two days and then you can apply some coconut oil to your roots and comb through. Leave it on for a couple of hours then shampoo and condition your hair. If the oil is solid, place the bottle in a cup of warm water to melt it.
- The indicated colour is a guide, the final colour will vary slightly depending on your original colour and application time
- 100g is enough for 1 application on collar to shoulder-length hair, depending on thickness
- To re-touch roots, mix up ½ a packet, depending on hair thickness and length of roots
- Mixing colours is not recommended as it could have unexpected results
- If the dye stains face or hands it will soon fade. Applying a mixture of lemon juice and vegetable oil will help
- Colour intensity will fade after 4-6 weeks depending on hair care, but will not wash out
- After the dye has been mixed with water, any left-over mixture must be discarded.
Important Note: Natural hair dyes are very different from chemical ones, and work differently too.
Dye time: They are safe to leave on your hair for a few hours, and it may take up to 2 or 3 hours for the colour to develop fully on your hair. This is why a Strand Test is so important, especially if it is your first time using a natural hair dye. Henna is safe to leave in over long periods, as it will stop being active once it is fully absorbed and will not cause any damage if left on for a little longer.
Final Colour: After rinsing the dye from your hair, it may take anywhere between 24 (the average) to 48 hours (quite rare) for the dye to oxidise and show its true colour.
Please take into account the thickness of your hair when applying the dye, and do not over dilute. It should be applied in a thick layer to the hair, thoroughly from root to tip (unless you are touching up, in which case you can just cover your roots).
- Do a patch skin test to check for allergies (Contains PPD)
- Don’t inhale or ingest the dye
- Don’t dye your eyebrows or eye lashes
- Don’t apply the dye to broken or irritated skin
- If the dye mixture comes into contact with the eyes, wash immediately with water
- Love My Hair Ultra offers a safer option to traditional chemical dyes during pregnancy but cannot take responsibility during this time so use at your discretion
- Keep the package and its contents away from children.
Henna, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), barium peroxide, para amino phenol, rose petal powder, amla, bhringraj, shikakai, citric acid, sodium laurel sulphate and sodium sulphate
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.