- The indicated colour can be achieved on naturally blond and light brown to dark brown hair.
- Contains Ayurvedic herbs such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth and strength and removing dandruff.Can be used with Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical dyes.
- Permanent to semi-permanent dye depending on hair type and lifestyle.
- The indicated colour is a general guide. Colour coverage and final colour will depend on your hair type, hair condition, previous treatments and lifestyle.
- Eco-friendly and 100% vegan.
- Certified Organic
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty and Vegan SA.
- The Herbal Soft Black dye is a good shade for covering grey.
- However, several applications may be needed to achieve a dark colour on grey hair.
- Mixing this dye with some Love My Hair pure indigo powder can help tremendously with grey coverage.
- The more applications you do, the darker your hair will get.
- When washing out the dye after application, just rinse it well, leave it for 24 hours and then use the gentle shampoo sachet or a conditioner to ‘wash’ your hair. This will give the dye a chance to develop on your hair.
- For best results and for longer-lasting colour use with a sulphate-free shampoo.
- You can mix this dye with the other Love My Hair shades to make a unique colour for your hair.
- If you are not allergic to chemical hair dyes you can mix this dye with the Love My Hair Low Chemical black or dark brown for darker grey coverage.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a conditioning treatment with a cold-pressed plant oil such as coconut, olive, argan, black cumin or jojoba oil will remedy it.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- Every time you dye your hair it will get darker and darker.
- It is not recommended to use this dye on highlighted/bleached hair.
- It is not recommended to bleach your hair after using this dye.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (this is very important, if you don’t do this the colour may ‘bleed’ afterwards) and then shampoo and condition.
- 1 x 100g Packet Soft Black Hair Dye.
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Clarifying Shampoo (For before dye application).
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Sulphate-Free Shampoo (To wash out dye).
- 1 x Instruction Leaflet.
- 1 x Application Gloves.
- *Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), *Henna (Lawsonia inermis), *Amla (Emblica officinalis), *Shikakai (Acacia concinna), *Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), *Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), *Harad (Terminalia chebula), *Bhringraj (Eclipta alba).
- *Certified Organic
2 out of 6 people would recommend this product18/10/2019, By NikosI have been ordering this product for a number of years and was completely happy with it. But, last two boxes I have received fail to color my hair to the color specified on the box (Soft black). My hair becomes reddish in color instead of black. Something must've changed in the formula.22/05/2019, By BELINDAAfter 3 times of use still find that my hair is not the desired color. Not effective for dreadlocks-difficult to wash out the green from individual locks. Too pricey for all the trouble.22/08/2016, By ZamaWithin a week of having applied the dye (adhered strictly to the application instructions), a few strands of grey hair re-appeared :-(22/05/2016, By KamaniLove the condition of my hair since I started using this....only second application and a world of difference19/02/2015, By CassandraThis is a wonderful product and a real blessing! It works perfectly and gives excellent coverage.17/12/2014, By ChristineI just wasted 1.5 hours of my life and R155 using this ridiculous product that did absolutely nothing for my hair! I feel I deserve a refund. NOT HAPPY!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.