- Colour: Soft Black
- Contains only pure herbal ingredients, all grown without pesticides or chemical fertilisers.
- Contains no chemical ingredients.
- Henna and indigo are the two plants that give colour.
- Contains herbal extracts such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth, preventing premature greying and removing dandruff.
- Can be used with Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical dyes.
- Permanent dye.
- Gives 100% colour coverage on non-grey hair.
- Eco-friendly and 100% vegan.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty.
- Comes with a FREE 10ml organic coconut oil to moisturise your hair.
- Includes latex-free application gloves.
Because Love My Hair 100% Herbal contains no harsh chemicals, results on grey hair cannot be guaranteed. Grey coverage depends on hair condition, texture, previous treatments and the percentage of grey in the hair. Grey hair that is fine in texture seems to take herbal dyes very well and usually achieves good coverage in one application. Hair that is thicker in texture may need several applications.
The best colours for covering grey are Light Auburn, Flame Red and Wine Red (if you want a reddish shade) and Dark Brown (if you want a brownish shade).
If your roots are less than 50% grey, then the 100% Herbal dye should work well for you. If they are more than 50% grey, you may need several applications of Herbal dye. Another option (if you are not allergic to hair dye chemicals) is to mix the 100% Herbal shades with the Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical colours. For example, if you have completely grey roots and you want black hair, you can make a dye mixture of half 100% Herbal Soft black and half Ultra Black. This will give you the grey coverage you need with extremely low exposure to chemicals! You can also experiment with reducing the Ultra component of your mixture until you find a ratio that works best for you.
Herbatint is easy to mix and apply and is fragrance-free. If you have used a henna based dye in the past few months, please note that using chemical dyes over hair colored with pure plant dyes can give unexpected results, which are usually much darker color than would normally be expected, because plant dyes don't “lift” as easily. Chemical dyes may also fade faster than usual because henna makes your hair smoother and less porous so the chemical dyes won't attach as well, and often wash out with fewer shampoos. Therefore, if you are going to change the type of dye you are using please, give it a few months between the dyes. To be extra vigilant we would suggest a strand test if you are switching from henna to chemical based or visa versa.
- The ingredients in Love My Hair are carefully formulated. It is not necessary to mix the various shades (unless you are covering grey), but if you want to experiment, have fun!
- If products (shampoo, conditioner, wax, gel) containing silicone derivatives (eg Dimethicone) have been used on your hair, this will prevent the herbal dyes from “taking” on your hair. If silicones have been used you may need to use a clarifying shampoo before using Love My Hair dyes. Or you can switch to a silicone-free shampoo like Johnsons baby shampoo for a few washes prior to the dye application.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a coconut oil treatment will restore moisture to your hair.
- Herbal dyes need to oxidise after application. It can sometimes take up to 24-48 hours for your hair to attain its final colour. Please bear this in mind when planning your dye application.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- 100g is enough for one application on collar to shoulder length hair, depending on hair thickness.
- Your colour will lose intensity gradually after a few weeks, but will keep the grey coverage. Every time you use the dye the colour will get richer and more intense.
- Wait 2-4 weeks after other hair treatments before using Love My Hair.
- If your hair has been permed, bleached or straightened it is essential to do a strand test first as these treatments effect the hair structure extensively.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (very important) and then shampoo and condition.
Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Harad (Terminalia chebula), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shikakai (Acacia concinna)
2 out of 4 people would recommend this product22/08/2016, By ZamaWithin a week of having applied the dye (adhered strictly to the application instructions), a few strands of grey hair re-appeared :-(22/05/2016, By KamaniLove the condition of my hair since I started using this....only second application and a world of difference19/02/2015, By CassandraThis is a wonderful product and a real blessing! It works perfectly and gives excellent coverage.17/12/2014, By ChristineI just wasted 1.5 hours of my life and R155 using this ridiculous product that did absolutely nothing for my hair! I feel I deserve a refund. NOT HAPPY!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.